This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Trend log problem
Hi,
there is something strange on trend log file I am setting.

I enclosed screenshot of data log and .csv file exported. It seems that file .csv is not formatted.

How can sort it out please?

Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Use LibreOffice as it allows selecting which separator character to use. Excel uses , or ; depending on language settings, that's why CSV is not opening correctly for you.
Hi admin,
I am getting crazy to sort it out a question about .csv data format and I need your help. Probably you are aware about that.

Data with decimal value are stored with dot (example 1.58 and not 1,58). The problem is that with LibreOffice or Excel when I do a sum of the value (example 1.3 + 5.6 + 8.3 + 9.5) the result is not correct.

I try to change format of the number without success. The problem is that customer of mine needs to analize the datas recorded but in this way it seems is quite impossible. How do you manage it?

Thanks.

BR
Just make sure you import this as number. Excel is importing it as text by default.

Chane it to number and all works as it should.

------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Unfortunately there's no 100% working way to get user's locale setting including number formatting rules. The only thing that can be done is to add a configuration option for CSV: use , or . for decimals and ; or , to separate fields.
(13.11.2020, 15:06)Daniel. Wrote: Just make sure you import this as number. Excel is importing it as text by default.

Chane it to number and all works as it should.

Thank you Daniel!!

But I wished to not tell the customer to do this operation. I wished to do everything in automatic.  

Thank you again.

Br.