This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

KNX/IP Disconnected
(05.10.2021, 07:13)admin Wrote: Temperature warning is another indication of an overloaded line. It's not guaranteed to appear though. The more devices are on the KNX line the harder it is to transmit data. This leads to the chip overheating and/or not being able to transmit at all (send 0 receive 1 error).

does it mainly depends on amount of devices only, or mainly on number of telegrams going through? i.e. does it gets harder to transmit on the line with 100 devices with 10 telegram/sec load, or 50 devices with 30 telegrams/sec ? 

thanks for clarification
If your device is sending a lot of telegrams then it's possible for it to overheat if there are many other devices on the same bus.
Hello Admin,

I have the same situation on an industrial application - installation where the alert manager logs this. Please see attachment. This is random and not frequent. But two months ago it used to happen frequently for a period of time then was ok again.

Is this due to high bus load at a certain time? And why two times KNX connected? This is an installation with one line and 57 devices on it on a PS 640mA. Are there any recommendations for this? What are the reasons to trigger such alarm?

This is a SpaceLynk HW3.1 running on FW 2.7.0.

Is this something to really worry about?

Thank you in advance for your great support.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can you provide complete log with connect/disconnect alerts?
(17.10.2022, 06:32)admin Wrote: Can you provide complete log with connect/disconnect alerts?

Hello Admin,

Please see below. Though there is not constant high traffic. Based on ETS Bus Monitor its around 5-20% max.

I know that this line is at the limit of knx bus power consumption although when measured the voltage in the field devices, it is 29-30VDC. Do you think that a 1280mA KNX power supply improve the situation?

Regards,

.pdf   Alerts Page 1.pdf (Size: 483.08 KB / Downloads: 2)
Check Error logs. Connect/disconnect events are added to alerts. KNX errors (Transmitter Error/Temperature Warning) are added to Error logs.

It would make more sense to split the line into two segments via line coupler instead of increasing the power supply maximum current. As I've mentioned before: The more devices are on the KNX line the harder it is to transmit data. This leads to the chip overheating and/or not being able to transmit at all (send 0 receive 1 error).
(17.10.2022, 10:22)admin Wrote: Check Error logs. Connect/disconnect events are added to alerts. KNX errors (Transmitter Error/Temperature Warning) are added to Error logs.

It would make more sense to split the line into two segments via line coupler instead of increasing the power supply maximum current. As I've mentioned before: The more devices are on the KNX line the harder it is to transmit data. This leads to the chip overheating and/or not being able to transmit at all (send 0 receive 1 error).

Yes indeed regarding the alerts I have attached them as pdf. Forgot to attach the errors.

Splitting is my prefered way also but will require more effort and more money for the LC. Anyway thank you for the support, validation of the situation and recomended solution.

Regards,