This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM5p2-KC narcolepsy
Hi all,
for a few days I have noticed this strange behavior:
in the morning, when I arrive at the office, I turn on the computer and try to connect to the LM5p2-KC LogicMachine, (I have two identical ones connected to the laboratory TP substantially without bus traffic, always powered with 24 Vdc, always connected to the ethernet, FW 20200720) I receive the log-on window and after I enter the credentials, everything hangs for a variable time between one and two minutes.

During this time, the LM responds regularly to ping but if I try to connect via ssh, I see:
Login as: root
root@192.168.1.173's password: xxxxxxx
it freezes for the same time of the web interface and then BusyBox v1.31.1 ....

I can't manually reproduce this behavior, this happen only at morning when I try to connect for the first time and during the day it doesn't happen anymore.

No Reset needed, no Error Log, no Alerts, no other visible problems.

Can anyone help me solve this mystery?
in the next days they will install this LM and if this happens to the customer they will kill me...

(PS: I don't want to joke about narcolepsy but I only use it to explain the behavior in the subject)
Are device LEDs still working correctly when this happens? It's also possible that you have an IP address conflict in the network.
(28.10.2020, 09:52)admin Wrote: Are device LEDs still working correctly when this happens? It's also possible that you have an IP address conflict in the network.

Thank you Edgars,
yes The LEDs seem to blink normally and surely i will search for an IP address conflict.
I really hope this is the problem, although i am not sure it can affect two LogicMachine at two different IP addresses.
Disconnect one of them from TP and see if this will change anything or change multicast.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(28.10.2020, 10:14)Daniel. Wrote: Disconnect one of them from TP and see if this will change anything or change multicast.

Great suggestion, I will also do these tests and then I will update you..
Thank you