This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus TCP HVAC Gateway
Can somebody help me, how do i have to make a profile for this gateway? 
[Image: VPORSfj.png]
Can you send a full manual of this device?
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
And what exactly do you want to control? Register address value depends on the connected device unit address and product type.
I want to fully control the HVAC indoor units from the KNX to the HVAC system.

How to compile this info to send it to the unit
With modscan i can manage to do it, there is connection but the problem is have to compile the data from IDU address into the list. this is the part i don't understand. As soon as i have one sentence of the script i know i can manage (and when tested i will upload it here also)
The register address is 2 bytes. In hex it is 4 characters in the following format: T I I P
Where T = Product type, I = Unit address, P = Point number (starting from 0, -1 from the documented point address).
For example: Vent type (0x4) device with unit address 0xAB and Point number 3. Coil/register address is 0x4AB2.
On/off control is coil, operation mode is register.
(02.11.2020, 09:40)admin Wrote: The register address is 2 bytes. In hex it is 4 characters in the following format: T I I P
Where T = Product type, I = Unit address, P = Point number (starting from 0, -1 from the documented point address).
For example: Vent type (0x4) device with unit address 0xAB and Point number 3. Coil/register address is 0x4AB2.
On/off control is coil, operation mode is register.
This is also how far i came, but how do i have to add this to a profile?

coil IDU Hex address 01 On off should be than
010x00111
[Image: 1tUtKHo.png]
Anyone that can help me to get it in a profile? (one line is enough i can alter afterwards.

Do i have to look at it as the Daikin DIII register? https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...ght=daikin

Thanks in advance!
Start with this. I guessing that they starting addressing from 1 so I subtracted 1 from the address this is why there is 0.  You may need to change it to 1.

Attached Files
.json   gateway.json (Size: 357 bytes / Downloads: 31)
Ctrl+F5
The example assumes that the product type and indoor unit address are both 0.
You can calculate coil/register address using this formula (point number is from the table that you have provided where addressing starts from 1):
address = TYPE * 4096 + UNIT_ADDR * 16 + POINT - 1
Thanks all, i now could get some communication. But sometimes it seems the connection is timed out.
You can increase the timeout in device settings. Make sure that the gnd is connected too.
Ctrl+F5
I suppose this is ModBus TCP. If so, try enabling "Persistent connection" option.
Yep it is Modbus TCP.

it is working now. Will go on with testing and share the files later
Ok, i finished testing. Thanks all for the support. 

I added the profile files for connecting to the LG AC Smart 5 (PACS5A000 sw2.03.3) central controller by Modbus TCP to LogicMachine. IDU, VENT and AWHP Products can be controlled with attached profiles.
The profile only has one idu mapping list as the final configuration depends on the addresses programmed in the units you want to control. 

Also added a tool in excel to calculate the address numbers.

Attached Files
.json   ACSMart5_IDU.json (Size: 2.74 KB / Downloads: 56)
.json   ACSMart5_AWHP.json (Size: 3.18 KB / Downloads: 18)
.json   ACSMart5_VENT.json (Size: 2.24 KB / Downloads: 23)
.xlsx   LG Register Calculator.xlsx (Size: 9.74 KB / Downloads: 31)
I need help to communicate with Nussbaum emc1 mit Modbus RTU.
I have a fellerLYnk(spaceLYnk Schweiz version) and I have created Modbus profile for emc1.
I revive some Crc error...
When I make a RTU read test on the first read I receive the correct value, on second test I revive crc error, at the third correct value, on the fourth crc error. Is the same when I read a discrete input other a register. I have also the delay time set to 15 sec and a read to 60sec, i have also Checked all wiring and installed RC line terminator.
Can anyone help me? Sorry for my English
Please create a separate topic next time.
Check that GND is connected between both devices. We also had a report of CRC errors when of the devices had AC line L/N connected in reverse.
OK, the modbus thing works but whatever i try, The data from the UINT16 datapoint for MODE and FANSPEED are recognized by KNX as Floating values...

Anyone any idea how this is possible? If i send on the same datapoint from KNX i use 5.005 (ratio) from KNX to LM) this is recognized and the command is executed on the modbus. If a function is executed from the LG side the return information is UINT16 and the datapoint in LG is shown as 05 1 byte unsigned in LM but in KNX diagnostics it is identified as 09 2 byte floating data and the data on the remote is not changed (value as 00 00).
Do you mean ETS monitoring? If group address is not defined there then ETS will treat any kind of 2-byte data a floating point by default.
(02.12.2020, 08:29)admin Wrote: Do you mean ETS monitoring? If group address is not defined there then ETS will treat any kind of 2-byte data a floating point by default.

Yes in ETS monitoring i see difference.

Both sides are set up as 05. 1 Byte unsigned integer but in ETS monitoring KNX>LM>ModbusTCP is send as $03 Modbus responds to this. If changed on the LG controller it sends from ModbusTCP>LM>KNX it is send as 00 03 on KNX bus. In LM is see the same as value 3 including the custom value for visualisation. The 00 03 send to KNX is not recognized by the remote controller as it expects $03
How did you define it in profile?
Ctrl+F5