This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM5 and KNX integration - how should you work with programming
If you already have group in ETS which you want to control from elsewhere then you directly select this group. In example for modbus and a KNX switch. In ETS you have a switch with address 1/1/1 and you have modbus device which you want to control this object (I assume the data conversion is correct) then in modbus mapper you just select group 1./1/1 for the register you want to control it from. If the modbus data needs a conversion of some sort, let say you have byte object and you want to write it to bit, then you need a script to convert it. In such case modbus value would be written to another group address ( I would recommend to use virtual group to not collide with ETS) and then you need a script to convert the values and write to KNX object. As you are a beginner I would recommend you to use Scenes tab and in there you can make basic conversion. This way you don't have to use the script.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5

Messages In This Thread
RE: LM5 and KNX integration - how should you work with programming - by Daniel - 09.11.2020, 09:23