This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Mosaic 3.0: Widget data types and converting
I have just started to look at the visualization so this is all new to me. So forgive me for any stupid questions...

I've tried a couple of the widgets like the CO/humid/temp widget and weather station widget. However, I've noticed that not all objects are available for selection. E.g. for humidity I had to change my object type to 09.001 temperature. 09.002 did not work. Besides when I found out this and could select the correct object the displayed percentage does not match the object parameter so there appears to be some scaling. 45% on group object is displayed as 18% in the widget.

The latter seems strange. Is there some sort of scaling/conversion in the widget? If so, how can you identify this property?
I would also like to identify what kind of object datatypes are allowed in the widget parameters. It takes some time just experimenting with the object type settings...
Looks like an issue between 1-byte unsigned and 1-byte scaled datatype. Both types have a 0..255 range but scaled converts this to 0..100. That's why you get 45%, because it's 18% * 255 / 100.
Each widget has predefined dpt type to help in quick selection. There is too many of them to make documentation. Ask for any particular one you are interested.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5