This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Xiaomi Sensors
Hi, is it possible to integrate Xiaomi (aquara) temperature or humidity sensors into LM?

How would that integration be with a zigbee usb connected to the LM or through a xaomi gateway integrated with LM?

Thanks a lot.
(17.11.2020, 20:39)Hyxion14 Wrote: Hi, is it possible to integrate Xiaomi (aquara) temperature or humidity sensors into LM?

How would that integration be with a zigbee usb connected to the LM or through a xaomi gateway integrated with LM?

Thanks a lot.

i achieved both the below,
first i used the xioami gateway and a script communicating to it with UDP. I can post the code if you want it. It talks UDP multicast from Lm to the xioami gateway, but you must first allow lan communication from the xioami app for the xioami gateway which only a few types allow this.

But I didn’t like that I needed the xioami hub and I can’t be sure it’s data is secure as it goes through a remote server for its own app, so I decided to use zigbee2mqtt -(running on a raspi) this is compatible with the Temperature and humidity sensors then I just use mqtt broker on lm with new firmware and bringing the data into LM this way.

im not sure about the LM zigbee USB.
If you ask about this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07R9VCQ5N?r...b_ap_share
then I can confirm it works with our app.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(18.11.2020, 08:56)Daniel. Wrote: If you ask about this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07R9VCQ5N?r...b_ap_share
Using usb dongle directly? Wich type?

Thanks
Zigbee is in beta phase right now and you would have to buy the dongle from us.
Ctrl+F5
(19.11.2020, 08:25)Daniel. Wrote: Zigbee is in beta phase right now and you would have to buy the dongle from us.
Ok, waiting for a stable release. Thank you
(18.11.2020, 01:54)benanderson_475 Wrote:
(17.11.2020, 20:39)Hyxion14 Wrote: Hi, is it possible to integrate Xiaomi (aquara) temperature or humidity sensors into LM?

Thanks a lot.

i achieved both the below,
first i used the xioami gateway and a script communicating to it with UDP. I can post the code if you want it. It talks UDP multicast from Lm to the xioami gateway, but you must first allow lan communication from the xioami app for the xioami gateway which only a few types allow this.

But I didn’t like that I needed the xioami hub and I can’t be sure it’s data is secure as it goes through a remote server for its own app, so I decided to use zigbee2mqtt -(running on a raspi) this is compatible with the Temperature and humidity sensors then I just use mqtt broker on lm with new firmware and bringing the data into LM this way.

im not sure about the LM zigbee USB.

Using zigbee2mqtt seems like a good option but from what you tell me you are using a RASPI to do it.I think a good option, if possible, would be for the LM to have a zigbee USB to connect directly to the zigbee sensors, right?I don't know if this is possible or if I need to use the zigbee2mqtt.

(18.11.2020, 08:56)Daniel. Wrote: If you ask about this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07R9VCQ5N?r...b_ap_share

Indeed that is the sensor that I want to integrate with LM and also the Xaomi Plant sensor.

(19.11.2020, 08:25)Daniel. Wrote: Zigbee is in beta phase right now and you would have to buy the dongle from us.

Daniel, when you say that the sensor works with your app, what app do you mean?

I have not seen a Zigbee app on my LM.

Thank you.
ZigBee app is not published yet but we can provide it together with the dongle. As for plant sensor do you mean soil moisture sensor? The ones I've seen are Bluetooth not ZigBee.
I say this because I have this sensor on my desk and I tested it.
Ctrl+F5
(19.11.2020, 18:32)admin Wrote: ZigBee app is not published yet but we can provide it together with the dongle. As for plant sensor do you mean soil moisture sensor? The ones I've seen are Bluetooth not ZigBee.

Thanks for the info.

The plant sensor is Bluetooth.

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/100500155...ws_ab_test= searchweb0_0, searchweb201602_, searchweb201603_

(20.11.2020, 08:37)Daniel. Wrote: I say this because I have this sensor on my desk and I tested it.

Thanks Daniel