This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Problem with LM3 V2
I have a problem with device from subject.

I have such situation on client installation.  Yesterday while doing backup LM stopping responding and now only red LED is switched on not for 100% power.

I've changed SD card for new one Sandisk SDHC recovered with recovery image for old CPUs but nothing happened and device still switch on only red LED.

Inside device looks good, I don see no crash symptoms.

What can I do more to help this device?
Done is better than perfect
What kind of card should I buy? Did you have some similar problems?
Are you sure you selected correct firmware for recovery?
What is the size of the new card?
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
I was using this tutorial:
https://openrb.com/reflash-logicmachine3...-software/

I'm sure that I've used recovery image from this link (for old CPUs):
dl.openrb.com/recovery.img.gz

When I've opened this card on ubuntu I see 2 partitions:
268MB - linux catalog structure
3.5GB - empty

Please in the future add some info in above guide about how LM works while next steps and what to do when something not working as normally.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ok and did you load final firmware on it after the recovery image?
Ctrl+F5
(19.11.2020, 10:42)Daniel. Wrote: ok and did you load final firmware on it after the recovery image?

No because I cannot connect with LM with this card. LM looks like it is in some weird state. Whats mean that only red diode is switched on but probably not with 100% power?

How LM should looks in current state, what LED should works when laptop is connected to LAN?
Can you try a card that's smaller than 32GB? The recovery FW should behave the same as normal FW - green LED1 will start blinking when the device starts up.
clear browser cache and go to 192.168.0.10, try different browser too.
Ctrl+F5
(19.11.2020, 11:35)admin Wrote: Can you try a card that's smaller than 32GB? The recovery FW should behave the same as normal FW - green LED1 will start blinking when the device starts up.

Today I have in plan checking some regular sd card without extreme prefixes and postfixes.

But with smaller size it will be hard.
Fortunately solved. I've bought cheap SD Card from Sandisk and with this card it works.
The problem here was most likely the size not the brand/price.
Ctrl+F5
Size in all cards was the same, 32GB. Yesterday I've try using Sandisk and Samsung from same price level, all params was same, same type and Sandisk works, Samsung not.
If I were you I wouldn't be looking on the standard shop micro SD only something more robust. The best are the SLC cards like this for example https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/micro-sd-cards/1874668/
Ctrl+F5
(20.11.2020, 08:35)Daniel. Wrote: If I were you I wouldn't be looking on the standard shop micro SD only something more robust. The best are the SLC cards like this for example https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/micro-sd-cards/1874668/

I know, but I don't have guarantee which card will work especially with old devices before trying. In this time firstly I've tried most expensive 32GB cards in Media Markt but they were not helpful and secondly I've try cheaper because old technology will be cheaper and this was half correctWink

On my customers installations I have only 2 old devices where this could be a problem in future.

SD cards are very messful for me, it is not possible to easily compare them. With these 3 types of cards which I've used at this time all had theoretically same specification, but only one work with LMReactor3V2.

Thank you for suggestion of specific card type and model. It is very helpful and I will probably use it next time. Only one question: I should use min. 4GB version?
All the cards in media markt are the same quality, regardless off the price Smile
We use 32GB in our streaming player but as in every HDD 32GB is not equal 32GB on another. You will be safe with 16GB.
Ctrl+F5
Sure, very nice conversation. I know more than beforeWink
After 1,5 year I have probably the same problem. Red light is slightly bright, green without any sign of life. I've bought INDUSTRIAL SD card 16GB Kingston. After reflashing with a recovery image for an old CPU version still only red light works. I'm trying to connect to this device using LAN according to instructions but I cannot reach it. Every PC reads properly card so it's ok.

I will buy some cheap SD card and try again.

But maybe do you have some tips what can I do?

I'm attaching screenshot with an old SD card and the new industrial one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I've tried with a new card exactly same as before and it doesn't work also. I've checked the PCB and I don't see any signs that something happened from electrical side.
did you set your pc to a ip adres like 192.168.0.xxx?
and tried to connect to 192.168.0.10?
when you flash the sd card the LM startup from default

It is also possible it start with a dhcp adres of your ip range, if this happened you have to find your LM in your list of your router or use a program like 'advanced ip scanner to find him.
The green LED should light up if the recovery image boots correctly. Try a smaller card - 4GB or 8GB.