This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Dimmer in Mosaic
Hi

I am trying to use Mosaic to dim my spotlights.
Everytime I try I can only get the lights to turn On or Off.
What type of Dimmer Object should I use?
In ETS it looks like a 3-bit control 3.007  but even if I use that object nothing changes.
I am using ABB Dali and not the one in my LM5. 

Thx!
/Adam
(05.11.2020, 16:51)kenjirosama Wrote: Hi

I am trying to use Mosaic to dim my spotlights.
Everytime I try I can only get the lights to turn On or Off.
What type of Dimmer Object should I use?
In ETS it looks like a 3-bit control 3.007  but even if I use that object nothing changes.
I am using ABB Dali and not the one in my LM5. 

Thx!
/Adam
The dimmer uses 1 byte value and status.

You should use 1 byte as it is in the widget. It is much easier to do it via slider. The one bit is to turn it ON/OFF while pressing the icon inside slider button.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Thank you very much for your quick respons!!

Works like a charm!!
Many thanks!!!
Probably I do something wrongly but my KNX dimming devices work with 3-bit control 3.007 only. How to control them from Mosaic widgets?
Thank you.
Vaclav
I never heard about such dimmer, which one is ti?
Ctrl+F5
JUNG 3602 REG
Also all my wall controllers (Gira) work in this mode. It is not about sending of absolute dimming value but only request of increasing or decreasing step.

https://www.jung.de/en/722/downloads/tec...REG&rpp=10
This is what I meant above to use absolute dimming value. It is much more convenient and faster way of setting desired value instead of the step commands. At this moment of time I see no way to make it working properly in Mosaic. I will add to our development list demand for such widget but right now I would recommend you to use absolute dimming and a slider.
Ctrl+F5
(23.11.2020, 10:08)nosek Wrote: JUNG 3602 REG
Also all my wall controllers (Gira) work in this mode. It is not about sending of absolute dimming value but only request of increasing or decreasing step.

https://www.jung.de/en/722/downloads/tec...REG&rpp=10
I follow your link, and imported into ETS5. But i cant see why you wont be able to add this into Mosaic. Both 1 bit and 1 byte is there. Same for status object. Or is it i that dont understand your problem.

I have in my ETS project brightness value signed like "STATUS" object - it didn't occur to me send there some value.... Stupid mistake.
Surely for Mosaic this is suffitient solution. 3-bit control 3.007 (dimming) is usable e.g. for full control of dimmable light by one wall push button only.
Sorry and thank you.