This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus RTU - Function 16 (write multiple holding registers)
Hi,
I have problem with modbus rtu integration with NIBE Heat pump. I have established connection via modbus rtu with modbus 40 extension of this heat pump. Reading working properly, but if i want to write some registers, i have to use write multiple holding registers (function 16), despite of fact that I write only one register.

If I use mb:writeregisters function there is no possibility to choose 06 function or 16 function, but i have to have 16 function to proper write command 

using 
Code:
mb:writeregisters (registers, value, nil)

doesn't work.

Do you have any idea how do that? Maybe using mapping of modbus registers resolve problem?
Try this, it will force using command 16 instead of 06 even when writing to a single register:

Code:
mb:writemultipleregisters(register, value)
Nice,

Thanks you. Smile