This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

update profile Modbus
Hello

I am experimenting with modbus, I have defined the profile of my device and I have loaded it and mapped the group addresses, later I have added some registers to read, for the devices already configured, to see the changes of the profile with the new fields do I have to delete and reconfigure them or can they be updated?

thanks a lot
Not possible to update this way, but you can set group addresses directly in the profile by using bus_address field. This way you don't have to map the addresses again after importing new profile.
(02.12.2020, 14:59)admin Wrote: Not possible to update this way, but you can set group addresses directly in the profile by using bus_address field. This way you don't have to map the addresses again after importing new profile.

I know that it is not possible for me because I have 6 modbus objects of the same type but they go to different group addresses, I know that I have to re-edit them all. Thanks