This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Json file for a Ducobox
Hello !

i'm currently working on a project where i need to make the link between a Homelynk (Wyser) from Schneider 
to a Ducobox wich got a communication print installed, the goal is to send command from knx to the ventilation through the modbus
and receive back the mesured values by the box.
The link is done on a Rs458 Modbus, but there is a problem, in the Schneider Wyser interface, i need to set a profile, via a Json file
this file hold every register and i guess its needed to make it work

on the user guide of the Homelynk they advise to use an existing profile, to build the new one, but it's not that easy !

this is how they look 

{
  "manufacturer": "Schneider Electric",
  "description": "RTU, Heat pump & IAQ Controller",
  "mapping": [
    { "name": "Hardware Revision", "bus_datatype": 7, "datatype": "uint16", "type": "inputregister", "address": 9000},
{ "name": "Software Version Major", "bus_datatype": 7, "datatype": "uint16", "type": "inputregister", "address": 9001},
{ "name": "Software Version Minor", "bus_datatype": 7, "datatype": "uint16", "type": "inputregister", "address": 9002},
{ "name": "Software Version Revision", "bus_datatype": 7, "datatype": "uint16", "type": "inputregister", "address": 9003},
{ "name": "Software Version Build", "bus_datatype": 7, "datatype": "uint16", "type": "inputregister", "address": 9004},
{ "name": "Model Number", "bus_datatype": 7, "datatype": "uint16", "type": "inputregister", "address": 9005},

so each line is a register that's it ?
but on the other side, on the ducobox modbus documentation, here is a screen

https://ibb.co/JKbdKNX

so the numbers on the left ares the modbus adresses ?
I really don't know how to pass from this board to the Json files...

Thanks even for your time if you read this, i would apreciate any tips !

Alexandre.
This is standard procedure for modbus integration. In modbus every manufacture is creating his device as he wants.
Her is the info about each parameter of the profile. https://openrb.com/docs/modbus.htm
Send us full documentation and we can help you to start with.
PS. Do a search on the forum maybe somebody already created your device profile.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi Daniel, thanks for you answer !

Here is the modbus documentation of the ducobox
https://www.duco.eu/Wes/CDN/1/Attachment...448032.pdf
I looked on the forum or other site but didn't find one already made unfortunatly
Here is example for nod1 for one input register and one holding register from the table.

Make sure to fallow this:
Because of a difference in some ModBus implementations compared with the
official specification (on which our implementation is based), an address shift
of ‘1’ can occur for the read and write parameters.
For example: read address ‘20’ will be ‘19’.
This can be solved by setting the >RegOffs parameter to ‘1’ using the
display menu or the Duco Network Tool.

You can use RTU read test before you play with profile to make sure all connection are OK and you get the values.
Each time you make a change in profile you must delete the device from HL, delete the profile and then add new profile and add new device.

Attached Files
.json   DucoBox.json (Size: 317 bytes / Downloads: 16)
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(04.12.2020, 11:50)Daniel. Wrote: Here is example for nod1 for one input register and one holding register from the table.

Make sure to fallow this:
Because of a difference in some ModBus implementations compared with the
official specification (on which our implementation is based), an address shift
of ‘1’ can occur for the read and write parameters.
For example: read address ‘20’ will be ‘19’.
This can be solved by setting the >RegOffs parameter to ‘1’ using the
display menu or the Duco Network Tool.

You can use RTU read test before you play with profile to make sure all connection are OK and you get the values.
Each time you make a change in profile you must delete the device from HL, delete the profile and then add new profile and add new device.

Thanks ! that's gonna help me a lot for sure 
i will keep you inform if i succeed as soon as i can test it

Have a good day !