This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

RS-485
Hello , I m newbie here

Can somebody help me with Modbus RS-485? I need step-by-step instruction how it works . I will be grateful if you can send me screenshots what should I do to make it work . I have to control heater on RS-485 and I don't know how to get value from the device and how to send  value to device .
Smile
Do you have Modbus documentation for your device? Without a list of coil/register addresses and data types it won't be possible to interface this device.
I m sending documentation from my RTU 1 . I have there 2 devices on 1 address . I need to control theirs working status , cool or heat mode and I need to have the temperature status on visualization (Mosaic3.0). Can you help me with that?

Attached Files
.pdf   Systema_SCM850_MODBUS_protocol_EN.pdf (Size: 240.81 KB / Downloads: 9)
Use the Read test functionality to read some registers form it, post here correct configuration. Use address based 0.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Here is the result

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Is this correct value?
Ctrl+F5
And the question is , how to have the temperature value in my Mosaic3.0 visualization ?

I think yes 'cuz , there could be 25,9 C'

(05.10.2023, 12:45)Daniel Wrote: Is this correct value?

Yes

(05.10.2023, 10:51)admin Wrote: Do you have Modbus documentation for your device? Without a list of coil/register addresses and data types it won't be possible to interface this device.

Attached Files
.pdf   Systema_SCM850_MODBUS_protocol_EN.pdf (Size: 240.81 KB / Downloads: 5)
Do not worry about Mosaic for now, first you must read data from modbus and then write it to object.  Later you will select a widget you want and map this object to widget and job done.

Now when you have the settings is time to create profile in json format.  All the parameters of the file you can find here:
https://openrb.com/docs/modbus.htm

I created for you the starting point(see attached) and you can just eddit it and copy paste and change parameters. Notepadd++ is a good tool to use.
Once all is done you must import this profile to LM, then add device with addres 1 and select your profile.
Next step is to mapp  or create objects. Once device is created just click on mapping and finish the job.
If all goes well you should see values under objects tab.

If all this work then you can move to Mosaic.

PS. Each time you change profile you must delete device from LM and add it again.

Powodzenia Wink

Attached Files
.json   Systema SCM850.json (Size: 542 bytes / Downloads: 6)
Ctrl+F5
(05.10.2023, 13:36)Daniel Wrote: Do not worry about Mosaic for now, first you must read data from modbus and then write it to object.  Later you will select a widget you want and map this object to widget and job done.

Now when you have the settings is time to create profile in json format.  All the parameters of the file you can find here:
https://openrb.com/docs/modbus.htm

I created for you the starting point(see attached) and you can just eddit it and copy paste and change parameters. Notepadd++ is a good tool to use.
Once all is done you must import this profile to LM, then add device with addres 1 and select your profile.
Next step is to mapp  or create objects. Once device is created just click on mapping and finish the job.
If all goes well you should see values under objects tab.

If all this work then you can move to Mosaic.

PS. Each time you change profile you must delete device from LM and add it again.

Powodzenia Wink

Dziękuję , już rozumiem o co chodzi Big Grin