This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

KNX figuring out address
Hi
I'm new to KNX, just received 2 multi-sensors and in a process to configuring them.
I'm having a weird issue here.
So, I have these 2 sensors hooked up to LM (power dr). I also have an ABB power supply in the bus.
The LM KNX mode is set to TP-UART, address 15.15.255
In the ETS I have 2 connections.
I select the "15.15.255 LogicMachine", put one of the sensors into Programming mode check the devices in the programming mode.
I get the address "15.15.255". The same with the other sensor.
It can't be right and it seems to be just the LM address all the time.
Is these some other way to figure out the addresses of the sensors?

P.S. I just tried knxlib.ping within a loop of 1.1.1-255 and found one, don't know which one. And it took a couple minutes. Probably even going through 1.*.* is not an option timewise?
LM should not have that address, set it to 15.15.1 or to match the line that it is on, ie. 1.1.x.
Most new KNX devices are factory delivered with the address 15.15.255, so this makes sense if they have not been downloaded or addressed before.

Best regards, Jørn.
(22.12.2020, 07:14)Jørn Wrote: LM should not have that address, set it to 15.15.1 or to match the line that it is on, ie. 1.1.x.
Most new KNX devices are factory delivered with the address 15.15.255, so this makes sense if they have not been downloaded or addressed before.

Thanks Jørn
Yes, it had 15.15.255.
I downloaded both and they even seem to work.