This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Optimized activation of heating
Has anyone tried to make a script that calculates the time needed for a room to reach a certain setpoint with a given outside temp?
These values then needs to be stored in memory and used to adjust the switch on time in the scheduler. 
Not sure if it's possible to do this on LM.
I think you use the current room temperature instead of outside. In any case you need to gather some statistics on how long it usually takes for the temperature to reach the setpoint. When heating is enabled you can put current time and outside temperature into storage. Another script should be attached to the temperature sensor. When the value matches or exceeds the setpoint then you can log the time difference and clear the stored time. With enough data an approximate formula can be created for this task.
I thought about it but there is not much left to think about timing of electric heating. Even 100Euro heaters have very sophisticated controls. Maybe the interfaces will be added in 2-3 years. For now they are still with the apps on the way.... Cut off power supply via switch and continue with the same values ​​after switching on, this is already possible with some. Do they have not already written something about the Dyson electric heater and posted the corresponding script for the app? But thisone is not cheap.

Reason why I don't think about it anymore:

todays single inverters (Wall Air conditioning with heating function and outdoor unit), have a heating output of up to 5 kW and work with a power consumption between 0.1-1.96 kW by heating (becouse they run up to -30°C outside temperatur and of course they just start by 0.1kW and will not bringe 5 kW with this power) and lose only 75% of their optimal performance at -7 ° C (depending on the manufacturer). it`s all about optimising by the heating unit control itself - so it just have to know when to work until it have the parameters and of course, outside temperature are mixing in quick. In this area is something going for sure regarding Modbus, KNX and just a question of time or how will by first.

Confirmation:

Well it`s in german but nummers are always readabel (Invertor with 5.3 Scope / 1kW in 5.3 kW out): https://www.coolstar-schweiz.ch/pdf/CS4000invSEkd.pdf. German: Heizleistung kW Englisch: Heating capacity kW

Exceptions:

This remark is only important if you have electrical heaters over 1000 W with a running time that legitimized an investment of 3000 euros. But: 3000 euros for 5 kW is very interesting. In the case of air - water, we are quick talking about 20,000 euros at 8 kW....40,000 euros is not uncommon and air - water system are losing a lot of energy by heating water up to 55° C - underfloor heating systems runs massively better, but that's in the small print. Distributing the heat of an single inverteris (Wall Air conditioning with heating function and outdoor unit) is an other issue and by multi split Air conditioning the proformances goes also down and the prices goes up...... So is extremely important to know the heat flows through the house and so the first step: temperature sensors.... and not only one.

So, I don't just think about it, I dream about and is the reason why I bought an LM: https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=3070
I thing there is some misunderstanding here. My idea was to use the schedueld "ON" time to calculate how far in advance the room needed to start heating based on outside and roomtemperature. The whole point is to make the room adapt to variations outside so that the room has reached it's setpoint at schedule start, and not to start heating then.