This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Using built-in MQTT broker over WebSocket
Hi,
is it possible to set up the built-in Mosquitoo broker to use the websocket protocol?
Websocket support is not enabled. Can you explain your use case for this?
I'm developing a web based smart home dashboard using the Paho JavaScript Client
LM has a websocket interface for objects, do you really need MQTT in your case? See this thread for an example: https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...13#pid2913
(16.02.2021, 10:12)admin Wrote: LM has a websocket interface for objects, do you really need MQTT in your case? See this thread for an example: https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...13#pid2913

I would prefer to use MQTT over websocket as a common protocol since I also will interact with other interfaces. Is there any problems/drawbacks to enable websocket support for the built-in broker.

Regards Johan
The broker does not have the websocket protocol support compiled in.
Will websocket support be compiled into the broker in a near future, if not is it possible to install a custom package with websocket support enabled?
Maybe later but I can't promise anything at the moment.
Hi, 
any plans on implementing websocket support for MQTT in the future?

Regards Johan
(04.02.2023, 08:08)johanax Wrote: Hi, 
any plans on implementing websocket support for MQTT in the future?

Regards Johan

Hi again,
is it somehow possible to install a custom package with websocket support enabled?

Regards Johan
There's no custom package with websocket support.