This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM KNX IP and routing
Hello, I have a little problem on an existing project I need to care of.
It was an existing building, that I m in charge now, and the customer don't want to add more device yet...

Here is the topology

The Main LM 10.1.12.130 can see all device of all building. I can control GA on visualisation and I have feedback (so the multicast looks like it's working).

1/ On the LAN I can see all IP and I can KNX IP program knx devices from 10.1.12.130 LSS100200 of the 1.0.x and 1.2.x without issue.
2/ I can KNX IP program knx devices from 10.1.12.131 LSS100100 of the 3.1.x without issue.
2/ I can KNX IP program knx devices from 10.1.12.132 IP ROUTER of the 2.3.x without issue.

The problem is when triyng to program from Main LSS100200 10.1.12.130, I can't program the other line 3.1.x and 2.3.x, which when remote program is a problem.

The existing topology is not the best, I hope you have a trick which can avoid the customer to buy more coupler/power supply, change all knx device adress to have correct topology (I mean especially no device on 1.0 only LSS100200 and power supply, then add a line 1.1.x to put all existing 1.0.x device on it).

Any help appreciate
-----------
FRANCE SMARTHOME & SMARTBUILDING INTEGRATION
SE ECO EXPERT
You need to use direct tunneling connection for programming. LM blocks programming over routing (multicast) for security reasons.
(02.02.2023, 11:03)admin Wrote: You need to use direct tunneling connection for programming. LM blocks programming over routing (multicast) for security reasons.

Hi what do you mean by bloc king for security reason ?
So only solution is to Connect to each gateway ? So from outside no solution because from vpn i m only seeing the lss100200. They dont Want more than One device on their lan… so i cant remote prog
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT
This feature was never implemented. You can take it as product limitation.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(02.02.2023, 12:05)Daniel Wrote: This feature was never implemented. You can take it as product limitation.

Ok i didnt know
What strange is i have another customer where there is one lss100200 and one ip interface and i can program the device of the other line

I just check my other project.

I have 1.1.0 router ip knx MTN680329 floor0
I have 1.2.0 router ip knx MTN680329 floor1

and LSS100200 on 1.1.255, so looks like its the coupler that did the job and not the LSS.

So for my project, the only solution is to add 2 IP router one to replace the LSS100100 3.1.0, and another close to the LSS100200 1.0.0.

I was badly thinking the LSS did the job (They had already one LSS100100 but add some modbus more than 10 so they bought a LSS100200 and thinking the bridge would be ok)
-----------
SE ECO EXPERT