This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

DYNAMIC TEXT
Hello

Is it possible to link a text to the description of the object?
Let me explain a text that reads the description of the linked object and represents it in visu as text?

Thanks

BR
Can you explain the purpose of this in more detail?
(25.01.2021, 15:59)admin Wrote: Can you explain the purpose of this in more detail?

if possible, I would like a text on a button to automatically take the description of the object linked to the button.

Thanks
Unfortunately object description is not available in the visualization directly. You will need some extra server-side .lp files to access it. Using a separate 250-byte should be much simpler.
Hi,

in one project I did as admin recommended - used 250-byte objects for button description.. I put all of them at init script - so names loaded when PLC started.
Project still not finalized, some buttons has "reserved" names. But quickly and easily names can be changed/upgraded from one place..

BR,

Alex