This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Multiple LM's
Hello, I have a configuration question for when we have more than 1 LM in the installation.

In this case there are 3 teams.
2 LM (A and B) are connected in the same network but have independent knx bus and 1LM © is in a different network but shares knx bus with LM (B).

LM (A) it has the KNX IP features enabled and LM (B) at the moment not. Both are configured as TP-UART and in the filter table so that they only accept a knx address.

LM © is configured as TP-UART and has KNX IP features enabled, but I would like to assign LM (B) as IP connection.

Can I have any incidence when dumping knx programming or is it okay?
When two LMs are connected to the same TP then you will create KNX loop. One option is to disable KNX IP on one of them like you did, you can also change multicast address and then they both will send on IP but will not see each other.

If it is as you say that both LMs are on different IP networks then you can just enable the KNX IP
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(28.01.2021, 09:36)Daniel. Wrote: When two LMs are connected to the same TP then you will create KNX loop. One option is to disable KNX IP on one of them like you did, you can also change multicast address and then they both will send on IP but will not see each other.

If it is as you say that both LMs are on different IP networks then you can just enable the KNX IP

In this case, 2 LMs share the same data network and but different TPs. (They are two different installations) I want to enable KNX IP features in both LMs.

It is enough to enable the IP filters and accept the addresses that I am interested in exchanging or do I need to change something else in the configuration?
Yes, by default all filters are open. If you want to accept only selected addresses then yes filter table must be created.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5