This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

BALBOA SPA CONTROL
Hi all clever inmates. 
I have a Hot tub (SPA) with a complete Balboa BP2100 SPA controller and TP800 control panel setup. I want to integrate this into the logicMachine world to give some logic to it. This could be of course be visualization, but also  change settings from "eco mode - 32 degrees" to "ready mode 40 degrees" during peak and cheaper hours of the day. The last weeks electricity prices has really been dancing up and down by x5 factor. 

At Github I see some few successful Balboa SPA hack cases, most through a RaspberryPi/Ardurinio route. I do not have knowledge of the Rpi/Ardinio hardware and were hoping that I could avoid moving to deep into that world. 

FIRST: Is there anyone else who has connected their Balboa hot tub to their LogicMachine? 

Can I connect the LogicMachine's RS channel directly to the SPA without risking killing the LogicMachine,  or do I need to go through other devices - a different controller card or RaspberryPi route as descirbed? I already have a Modbus ventilation system on the Modbus of mye Logic Machine and I have ordered some PowerTags from Schneider to measure consumption at the heavy consumers. 

Any advice on the matter would be highly appreciated. 

EXAMPLE GITHUB BALBOA SPA PROJECTS
Schneider Wiser (homeLynk), Power Tags, DALI, Multitouch Pro, Panasonic Heating pump, Flexit balansed ventilation, HUE integration, Lemus Speaker system. Tibber integration.