This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

JSON Import object with tag?
Hi,

I am attempting to convert a KNXPROJ file created from ETS into JSON to import objects into LM.
This is seemingly working correct, but i am wondering if the JSON import can also create data in the tag property of the objects in LM?

If possible, what variable in ETS corresponds to the tag variable in LM?
Or, can i adjust the JSON file itself to insert the tag into LM?

Example of one object:
Code:
{"objects":{"45078":{"name":"81.1311 - LGT_DLY_OFF","datatype":7005,"description":">:P=-1;R=81.1311 - Sluse;F=0;"}
Which FW do you use? in RC3 json import was replaced by the knxproj import.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(16.02.2021, 09:27)Daniel. Wrote: Which FW do you use? in RC3 json import was replaced by the knxproj import.

I have not yet updated the firmware to this, as it is still in a pre-release state afaik.
Is the JSON import functionality removed in this version? Sad
Yes as it is not needed anymore as we converting directly the knxproj file
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(17.02.2021, 14:38)Daniel. Wrote: Yes as it is not needed anymore as we converting directly the knxproj file

Oh well, but is there any property in ETS that will importĀ its value to the tag property in LM?
There are no tags there. If you to import some custom object definition you can use a script that parses your data and calls grp.create with the required parameters. This way you can add tags to the newly created objects.
(18.02.2021, 10:13)admin Wrote: There are no tags there. If you to import some custom object definition you can use a script that parses your data and calls grp.create with the required parameters. This way you can add tags to the newly created objects.

Alright, thanks. This is how i solve it per now, but i had a slight hope thatĀ this information could come directly from the ETS import.