This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Micro SD Card Selection
Hello All,

I have looked on the forum and could not find a proper and complete answer for which is a solid micro SD card to be used as replacement of the original (after going dead).

So what I know so far is that the max capacity must not exceed 32GB and that the Class U10 speed is more than enough.

I am looking for a reasonable priced micro SD card but as solid as possible.

Will the cards bellow be fully compatible and solid;

Kingston 8GB Industrial Temperature UHS-I
SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC UHS-I 32GB
Samsung Pro Endurance microSDHC 32GB

Are there any other alternatives or easy to be found micro SD cards at 8GB/16GB?

Regards
SanDisk and Samsung should be fine, we do not recommend Kingston cards
Here are some recommended brands/types of pSLC/QMLC cards. We have used these and didnt have any failure up to now. You can use also SLC type cards, but the price will be much higher.
  • WD/Sandisk SDSDQED-008G-XI
  • Hagiwara MSDB-004GS(N00QZS
  • Advantech SQF-MSDU1-2G-21C
  • Swissbit
(10.03.2021, 09:14)edgars Wrote: Here are some recommended brands/types of pSLC/QMLC cards. We have used these and didnt have any failure up to now. You can use also SLC type cards, but the price will be much higher.
  • WD/Sandisk SDSDQED-008G-XI
  • Hagiwara MSDB-004GS(N00QZS
  • Advantech SQF-MSDU1-2G-21C
  • Swissbit

Thank you for the quick reply. Your recommendations are noted! Yes SLC cards are very expensive. 

Regards