This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Logicmachine not updating from ETS
Hi,

I have noticed that when I make changes in ETS5 (add groups, change groups etc.) the LM not always update it, even when I press sync project in LM.

Do I have to import the project everytime I make changes in ETS? Or should it be updated after I download the changes in ETS?
LM has no idea that you made a change in ETS, you always must update LM accordingly.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(11.03.2021, 12:14)Daniel. Wrote: LM has no idea that you made a change in ETS, you always must update LM accordingly.

So I have to import new file everytime? Or should it work with the Sync Project Data button in LM?
You have to import each time, Sync project is only saving current project in to SD card. It has nothing to do with ETS.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(11.03.2021, 13:10)Daniel. Wrote: You have to import each time, Sync project is only saving current project in to SD card. It has nothing to do with ETS.

Ok, thank you for your answer.
If you have the bus sniffer active, new group adresses will be added automatically. But LM dont now the name.
I find it easy to just update the adresses name manually, if you make small changes in ETS.
Just sort by object name in "objects" pane. Then all missing name will be shown yellow. Then just copy and paste name from GA name in ETS.

Making large changes, importing whole knxproj file is the way to go, like Daniel writes above.