This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Panasonic Viera TV IP control
Hello,

has anyone here experience with connecting to a Panasonic Viera TV to set the picture mode or change the color settings like color gamut or gamma for a particular HDMI input ?

if so, could you share your connection script ?

Thx
I don't think it's possible directly as you can only send virtual remote button presses. I suppose some settings can be changed with the right virtual button combination.
(06.04.2021, 05:43)admin Wrote: I don't think it's possible directly as you can only send virtual remote button presses. I suppose some settings can be changed with the right virtual button combination.

Hi,

thanks for the reply. It is definitely doable as some software apps do have that functionality, it's similar to the remote emulation discussed in this thread but it uses a different port and dedicated controls over IP.

Thx
If the app is open source then it can be used a starting point to create a control script. Otherwise it's not trivial because most manufacturers don't provide a well-documented API.
the app is not open source and I was not able to find any documentation from Panasonic in regards to this. Having said that, maybe I was looking in the wrong place.

Is there official documentation from Panasonic in regards to the commands that the remote sends, what is being emulated here with these scripts ?

Thx