This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Siemens Logo modbus
Hi,

Can you please help me with the creation of the json line for reading a value from a flag in a Siemens Logo plc?
So far I have tried this line with no success:
{ "name":  "Analog verdi 2 CO2 verdi ventilasjon", "bus_datatype": "float16", "type": "register", "datatype": "int16", "address": 40529,"readable": "true", "writable": "true"},
I have read that I maybe need to do swap on this!? As I read in the documentation of the Logo I can see that this parameter I am trying to extract is a "word"
My modbus poll is attached and I want to read the address 530 highlighted:
Can somebody state the obvious? I have been trying for hours now..

Kind regards Thomas

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(20.03.2021, 19:10)thomasoppida Wrote: Hi,

Can you please help me with the creation of the json line for reading a value from a flag in a Siemens Logo plc?
So far I have tried this line with no success:
{ "name":  "Analog verdi 2 CO2 verdi ventilasjon", "bus_datatype": "float16", "type": "register", "datatype": "int16", "address": 40529,"readable": "true", "writable": "true"},
I have read that I maybe need to do swap on this!? As I read in the documentation of the Logo I can see that this parameter I am trying to extract is a "word"
My modbus poll is attached and I want to read the address 530 highlighted:
Can somebody state the obvious? I have been trying for hours now..

Kind regards Thomas

You have to shift the address by -1 
See the logo modbus profile in this link 
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...ht=Siemens
Best Regards,
Have you tried using "read test" feature and reading 529 and 530, not 40529 and 40530?
(21.03.2021, 09:30)admin Wrote: Have you tried using "read test" feature and reading 529 and 530, not 40529 and 40530?

I connect to the Logo through tcp, but modified the profile I was using and this worked. Thank you very much :-)
Hi,

Thanks for all the help. Adding the modbus profile I have ended up with. 
Based off the work of user epps 

Kind regards
Thomas

Attached Files
.json   Siemens_Logo_8.json (Size: 13.19 KB / Downloads: 40)