This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Problem with HL
Hi

The problem is, that the HL rolls back 3 weeks and deletes all my logged data when it reboots. It's not possible for it to store any data anymore so all settings I do will get deleted the next time it reboots. I therefore expect it to be the SD card that the HL has troubles writing to.
Is there any way I can recover it or change the SD card to a new one?

Best regards, Michael
Contact Erwin van der Zwart here in the forum.
Hi Michael,

I have seen this issue once before, they had restored the HL with a corrupt back-up. Did you restored your HL from a back-up previously? 
Or is your HL running from the start with current project?

We can always restore the OS on the SD card if needed, but first we need to clarify what could cause this to prevent it from happening again.

BR,

Erwin
(22.06.2016, 21:27)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi Michael,

I have seen this issue once before, they had restored the HL with a corrupt back-up. Did you restored your HL from a back-up previously? 
Or is your HL running from the start with current project?

We can always restore the OS on the SD card if needed, but first we need to clarify what could cause this to prevent it from happening again.

BR,

Erwin

Hi Erwin

No, I didn't restore it. One day the HL was unresponsive and didn't react to anything. Could not reach the web interface or anything. I reconnected the power and the HL came back online. I then noticed that all my historic data was gone (all the trend logs) and the changes I had made within 1-2 weeks was gone. 
Now, every time I reconnect the power to the HL it rolls back to 08-06-2016 and I'm not able to change the IP etc. It's like I've lost writing rights.. Besides that it works just fine ;-)

Best regards, Michael
Most probably SD card switched to read-only mode. The only solution is to replace it with a new one. You can either do a clone or firmware recovery.
(23.06.2016, 07:52)admin Wrote: Most probably SD card switched to read-only mode. The only solution is to replace it with a new one. You can either do a clone or firmware recovery.

Hi admin

Ok, thanks. How do I do a firmware recovery?

Best regards, Michael
Hi Michael,

I will send you the files by SE box

BR,

Erwin
If this happens, please follow this example to reflash the microSD (use 4GB+ card, preferably Samsung or Transcend):
http://openrb.com/reflash-logicmachine3-...-software/
Hi Edgars,

I wouldn't do that because the image in this article is for LM (:

I sended Michael the correct files already for homeLYnk through 
Schneider Box as Michael is also from Schneider.

Thanks anyway (:

BR,

Erwin
HI,

After an sd card problem, is it possible to use LM recovery image to HL Schneider?

I did not have any answer to Schneider hotline (France) and they are unable to supply  a recovery image for HL !

Thank you for answer,

Jean-Marc.
Jean-Marc
Hi Jean-Marc,

Send me a PM with your mail address and i will send you the needed image

BR,

Erwin
(22.07.2017, 06:58)JMM Wrote: HI,

After an sd card problem, is it possible to use LM recovery image to HL Schneider?

I did not have any answer to Schneider hotline (France) and they are unable to supply  a recovery image for HL !

Thank you for answer,

Jean-Marc.

Hi Jean-Marc,

SE Hotline does not provide this type of support, at least not directly, it has to go to higher level of support because of the technicality.
I'll speak with them to see what we can do about this for futur case.
If you can a file number, can you send it to me via PM?

For everyone, if you have the possibility to plug a USB drive or send regular backup (scripts available on the forum and openRB website), do not hesitate, it's reduce the amont of data lost in case of recovery.
Hi Maxime,

I already sended last week the needed recovery files to Jean-Marc.

BR,

Erwin
(27.07.2017, 13:21)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi Maxime,

I already sended last week the needed recovery files to Jean-Marc.

BR,

Erwin

Ok, and did you have something (doc/guide) that I can forward to French CCC?
Hi Erwin,
Hi Maxime,

Now everything is OK, the HL of my customer is restarted since Monday.

Thank you very much for the support;

Jean-Marc.
Jean-Marc