This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM feature tips
I thought it would be useful to suggest the improvements that could be made to LM, based on the observations of my clients and personal experience as a system integrator.

1) creation of users and password change on the customer side in visu: it is really inconvenient that the customer has to contact us or that you have to provide the admin password just to add a user or change a password (same thing as regards the pins of objects or pages);

2) For the same reason, the creation of scenes should also be possible by users in visu;

3) Same about the creation of schedules and trends;

3) the visu editor does not allow to copy or select more than one object at a time;

These are my most suggestions at the moment.

I believe this post can be used by other forum users to report other improvements.

hope it is appreciated.

BR

Peppe
1) From Cyber Security perspective i think you need to be carefull with opening user management 'on the fly' and should be a administrator task.
2) Already possible with the Scene App
3a) Hmm, not sure what to think about that, never had any question regarding this, to avoid strange behavior with schedulers on random objects i would keep this a admin task.
3b) You could copy a whole plan and delete the un-needed objects/elements if you need to copy a lot of them at once, might be faster then one by one.

My 50ct's ..
1) From Cyber Security perspective i think you need to be carefull with opening user management 'on the fly' and should be a administrator task.
---- I could put user management into a page with pin protection.

2) Already possible with the Scene App
--- Sorry, Scene App is too complicated... almost for my costumers e myself. Smile

3a) Hmm, not sure what to think about that, never had any question regarding this, to avoid strange behavior with schedulers on random objects i would keep this a admin task.
--- Ok I understand... but you are already implementing it on Mosaic, right?

3b) You could copy a whole plan and delete the un-needed objects/elements if you need to copy a lot of them at once, might be faster then one by one.
--- When you are working on the first page and have to put inside 20 groups of object (ie. on/off - dimmering - temperature - setpoint) it would be very useful to copy a single group and paste it 20 times and then just to change the address.

Another question, please: sometimes the legenda on multiple trends hides a large parts of them. Is it possible to not show it?

Thanks

BR

Peppe
I think that LM5 it is a great product. But the app it is not at the level of the server..... I think that it is more user friendly have only one schedule with my miniserver and in function that I am on my local network or not it swap from local to remote connection automatically.
Anyway thumb up for the development team.
Best regards Cristian
In latest Mosaic version users can create scenes themselves. But they are only limited to a single room where they can select which objects the scene will control. Scene can also be scheduled to run at a certain time but it's not as advanced as standard schedulers (you cannot use sunrise/sunset, only specific time like in a scheduled script).
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Quote:Another question, please: sometimes the legenda on multiple trends hides a large parts of them. Is it possible to not show it?
Please create a separate thread for each question next time otherwise it can be lost.
This custom CSS will hide the legend element:
Code:
.flotr-legend { display: none; }