This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Filter modbus register
Hello
in the logic machine I would like to read digital from a PLC, I saw that by addressing the register I read the word, to read only the bit of the word in the profile file:

should i use in bit mask?
how does it work?
in the json file the septum anyway as a register?

Where can I find an example

thank you very much
If it is done correctly on PLC then digital should be a coil not register. If it is register then yes bitmask is needed in profile.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(27.04.2021, 12:17)Daniel. Wrote: If it is done correctly on PLC then digital should be a coil not register. If it is register then yes bitmask is needed in profile.
how bitmask works, where can i find example.

thank you
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...29#pid6729
Ctrl+F5
(27.04.2021, 12:29)Daniel. Wrote: https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...29#pid6729

I can't write the profile line
I have to read bit 2 of register 8 as I have to set the bitmask, the register is uint16.

thank you
{"name":"Your name" ,"bus_datatype":"1","type":"register","datatype":"uint16", "address":8, "value_bitmask":0x4 },
Ctrl+F5
(27.04.2021, 13:13)Daniel. Wrote: {"name":"Your name" ,"bus_datatype":"1","type":"register","datatype":"uint16", "address":8,  "value_bitmask":0x4 },

perfect last question if you wanted to invert both byte and word of the register the following instruction is correct

"Read_swap": "Byte and word"

thank you
Use "read_swap":"bw"
Make sure that all properties are in lower case, otherwise they'll be ignored. Word swap only affects reading data that spans more than one register - int32, int64 etc. For a single register only byte swap can be applied.
(27.04.2021, 14:11)admin Wrote: Use "read_swap":"bw"
Make sure that all properties are in lower case, otherwise they'll be ignored. Word swap only affects reading data that spans more than one register - int32, int64 etc. For a single register only byte swap can be applied.

maybe I'm missing something

as for the real analog -> floating 32 everything is ok
as for digital both in reading and writing, I have big problems, even using swap and bitmask
I have a doubt in the SIEMENS S7 1200 PLC I have a single db with real numbers and bits.
Using the PLC as TCP mb_server, are the PLC bits always registers of one word? to read the single bit it is right to use the nit mask, counting that verifying with the reading of the LM I have to swap "bw".
Does this also work in writing the bit?

Thank you
Writing for bitmask works but only on latest fw.
Ctrl+F5
(27.04.2021, 19:49)Daniel. Wrote: Writing for bitmask works but only on latest fw.
I have this versione of firmware 20201102 with Zerotier support, is the last version ?
write_bitmask Boolean FW 2020.10 and newer

Set to true to enable writing shifted value to the register using value_bitmask. Only uint16 datatype is supported
Ctrl+F5
(28.04.2021, 07:51)Daniel. Wrote: write_bitmask Boolean FW 2020.10 and newer

Set to true to enable writing shifted value to the register using value_bitmask. Only uint16 datatype is supported

Hello

the json file below makes me a strange thing, any bit I write in the LM always writes me only the first bit in the PLC.
the strange thing is that as far as the analog values are concerned, everything works perfectly.

Where am I wrong?

Code:
{
  "manufacturer": "SIEMENS",
  "description": "S7 1200",
  "mapping": [
    {"name": "SERRA 7 SP TEMP","address": 0,"bus_datatype": "float32","datatype": "float32","type": "register","units": " C°","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 7 TEMP","address": 2,"bus_datatype": "float32","datatype": "float32","type": "register","units": " C°","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 7 V_MAN_REG","address": 4,"bus_datatype": "float32","datatype": "float32","type": "register","units": " Hz","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 7 ISTERESI","address": 6,"bus_datatype": "float32","datatype": "float32","type": "register","units": " C°","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 7 ASS 1","address": 8,"bus_datatype": "float32","datatype": "float32","type": "register","units": " A","writable": "false"},
    {"name": "SERRA 7 ASS 2","address": 10,"bus_datatype": "float32","datatype": "float32","type": "register","units": " A","writable": "false"},
    {"name": "SERRA 7 A/M REG","address": 12,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x1","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 7 CMD INV 1","address": 12,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x2","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 7 RUN INV 1","address": 12,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x4","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},    
    {"name": "SERRA 7 ALM INV 1","address": 12,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x8","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},    
    {"name": "SERRA 7 ACK INV 1","address": 12,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x10","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 7 CMD INV 2","address": 12,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x20","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 7 RUN INV 2","address": 12,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x40","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},    
    {"name": "SERRA 7 ALM INV 2","address": 12,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x80","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},    
    {"name": "SERRA 7 ACK INV 2","address": 12,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x100","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 8 SP TEMP","address": 14,"bus_datatype": "float32","datatype": "float32","type": "register","units": " C°","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 8 TEMP","address": 16,"bus_datatype": "float32","datatype": "float32","type": "register","units": " C°","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 8 V_MAN_REG","address": 18,"bus_datatype": "float32","datatype": "float32","type": "register","units": " Hz","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 8 ISTERESI","address": 20,"bus_datatype": "float32","datatype": "float32","type": "register","units": " C°","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 8 ASS 1","address": 22,"bus_datatype": "float32","datatype": "float32","type": "register","units": " A","writable": "false"},
    {"name": "SERRA 8 ASS 2","address": 24,"bus_datatype": "float32","datatype": "float32","type": "register","units": " A","writable": "false"},
    {"name": "SERRA 8 A/M REG","address": 26,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x1","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 8 CMD INV 1","address": 26,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x2","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 8 RUN INV 1","address": 26,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x4","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},    
    {"name": "SERRA 8 ALM INV 1","address": 26,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x8","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},    
    {"name": "SERRA 8 ACK INV 1","address": 26,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x10","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 8 CMD INV 2","address": 26,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x20","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 8 RUN INV 2","address": 26,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x40","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},    
    {"name": "SERRA 8 ALM INV 2","address": 26,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x80","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},    
    {"name": "SERRA 8 ACK INV 2","address": 26,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x100","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 9 SP TEMP","address": 28,"bus_datatype": "float32","datatype": "float32","type": "register","units": " C°","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 9 TEMP","address": 30,"bus_datatype": "float32","datatype": "float32","type": "register","units": " C°","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 9 V_MAN_REG","address": 32,"bus_datatype": "float32","datatype": "float32","type": "register","units": " Hz","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 9 ISTERESI","address": 34,"bus_datatype": "float32","datatype": "float32","type": "register","units": " C°","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 9 ASS 1","address": 36,"bus_datatype": "float32","datatype": "float32","type": "register","units": " A","writable": "false"},
    {"name": "SERRA 9 ASS 2","address": 38,"bus_datatype": "float32","datatype": "float32","type": "register","units": " A","writable": "false"},
    {"name": "SERRA 9 A/M REG","address": 40,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x1","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 9 CMD INV 1","address": 40,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x2","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 9 RUN INV 1","address": 40,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x4","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},    
    {"name": "SERRA 9 ALM INV 1","address": 40,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x8","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},    
    {"name": "SERRA 9 ACK INV 1","address": 40,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x10","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 9 CMD INV 2","address": 40,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x20","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},
    {"name": "SERRA 9 RUN INV 2","address": 40,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x40","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},    
    {"name": "SERRA 9 ALM INV 2","address": 40,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x80","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"},    
    {"name": "SERRA 9 ACK INV 2","address": 40,"read_swap":"bw","value_bitmask":"0x100","bus_datatype": "bool","datatype": "uint16","type": "register","writable": "true"}
]
}

Thanks so much

Code:
Thanks so much
"write_bitmask": true
Ctrl+F5
(28.04.2021, 09:29)Daniel. Wrote: "write_bitmask": true

Perfect tanks so much, all works.