This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus object mapping and export GA to ETS
Hi.
I have made a .json file for my ventilation unit: Exvent Pegasus XL
It start to be some items to map to objects (68), and i at first made all group adresses in ETS, made a export, importet .knxproj file to LM. Fixed datatypes (again) then did the tidious job of mapping items from the modbus profile to the objects in LM(group adresses)

Then I discovered this mulitplier failure in some of my mapping in the modbus profile (.json file).
Then I needed to delete the modubus device and the modbus profile, and start over.
Then I had to start the manual mapping once again.
It's a bit of work if you at first have imported .knxproj file from ETS with the "Add level names to objects" choice, as you will not se the complete name in the small popup box to choose the group adress, since the object name gets very long.

Then i thougt it's better to do this the other way around.
I deleted the subgroup 5/1/* imported from ETS in my LM, deleted the modbus device, and modbus profile, recreated modbus profile and device, and made the modbus object mapping automatic using the "map selected items to object" and inserted the start groupaddress 5/1/1.
Import is ok, and all items in the modbus profile is assigned and linked to new groupaddresses in LM.

Then the second discovery.
I can't find any way of exporting groupadresses to xls, csv or anything for making the way to import theese group addresses to ETS5, so i could export/link theese values to my KNX system for use with displays, temperature controllers etc

Any good hints how I could solve this without manually create 68 or more GA in ETS, og map manually every items in modbus.

I put the Exvent Pegasus XL .json file as attachment for reference, and if anyone else looking for this.

Attached Files
.json   PegasusXL.json (Size: 19.92 KB / Downloads: 9)
You can map group addresses directly in the profile by adding "bus_address" field to each register definition. These objects must be created beforehand and must have a correct data type.
(08.05.2021, 10:11)admin Wrote: You can map group addresses directly in the profile by adding "bus_address" field to each register definition. These objects must be created beforehand and must have a correct data type.

Thank's!
Works like a charm!
I have edited my .json file for Exvent Pegasus XL (i think this apply for al Exvent/Enervent models using EAirMD module)

Some small fixex left, but i love sharing if others looking for files. (is there any smart place to put this as a post for refferals?)

I left the eAirMD-modbus register list from Exvent (Yellow lines is includen in the .json file)
Aslo did a GA export for corresponding GA for ETS5.

Attached Files
.json   PegasusXL.json (Size: 21.71 KB / Downloads: 8)
.zip   Exvent pegasus XL ETS GA.zip (Size: 1.58 KB / Downloads: 7)
.xlsx   eAirMD-modbus-register-list-public.xlsx (Size: 48.56 KB / Downloads: 13)