This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

BACNET Client NOT working on current LM Version
Hi, 

When I try to use bacnet in LM firmware 20200727 with verion of bacnet'package :

in this resident script:

require('bacnet')
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dirbacnet = 9613
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

datoleido = bacnet.readvalue(dirbacnet, 'analog value', 93792)

grp.write('32/1/1', datoleido)

log(datoleido)

there is an error:

---------------------------------------------------------

Resident script:1: module 'bacnet' not found:
no field package.preload['bacnet']
no file './bacnet'
no file 'Library bacnet'
no file 'Library bacnet'
no file 'Library bacnet.so'
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'require'

---------------------------------------------------------

any suggestion?

thacnk you in advandce!
Install RC1 2021 and check again.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
You need to install this package: https://dl.openrb.com/lm-21-imx6/pkg/gen...6_imx6.ipk
(15.07.2021, 13:15)admin Wrote: You need to install this package: https://dl.openrb.com/lm-21-imx6/pkg/gen...6_imx6.ipk

Thanks for your awnser!

That's what I thought. But it was quite strange that the requiered package was already installed. I use this same method in several instalations with LM and all of then are working fine!
When I Install the scada bacnet this happen (only in new firmwares ... and if you try to set and older firmware the problem is still there ... it's like if something went corrupt):
The scan is OK and there are readings!!
(see capture1)

but then, when I try to access that analog value with :

require('bacnet')
dirbacnet = 9613

datoleido = bacnet.readvalue(dirbacnet, 'analog value', 93792)

grp.write('32/1/1', datoleido)

log(datoleido)

This is the LOG:
(see capture1)

I can't not read that value! (I tried several combination of firmares and scada-bacnet packages) ... And I know that this in older version works fine ...
any suggestions?

Thanks!!

(15.07.2021, 13:12)Daniel. Wrote: Install RC1 2021 and check again.

I tried that also ... no success.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Seems this is analog input not analog value,
Ctrl+F5
(15.07.2021, 14:05)Daniel. Wrote: Seems this is analog input not analog value,

You were right!!

I change to analog input and works flawlees!

I followed this tutorial

https://openrb.com/logicmachine-as-bacnet-client/

it would be great to add this commands to that post!

Thanks a lot!
Hi,
I tried to install the bacnet package ipk above on LM 2.6.2 (with install from file, I checked the checkbox of signature - allow to install package without signature).
I have a message "action failed, please try again later)

but I can see the module installed in the list but I don't have the tab on configurator and can't use bacnet library in script.
Do you have idea ?
-----------
FRANCE SMARTHOME & SMARTBUILDING INTEGRATION
SE ECO EXPERT
There is no such thing like LM 2.6.2 Smile
You can't install custom packages on SE devices. This what you used is for app only not packages.
Ctrl+F5
(26.11.2021, 15:51)Daniel Wrote: There is no such thing like LM 2.6.2 Smile
You can't install custom packages on SE devices.  This what you used is for app only not packages.

ok... no way to add the bacnet library ? Cause I need communication for multistet value and... not on bacnet app from SE, sad... I can't control On/off/slow/high speed of a customer airunit

---

I successfull add the bacnet lib, but error:

value = bacnet.read(17, 'multi-state input', 592, 'present value')

I have a  "string: Error: APDU Timeout!" error
And on the bacnet tab in config, when scan it says it can't because the server bacnet is running. but I checked in the system option it's disabled ...
looks like there is interference with the SE bacnet  app
-----------
FRANCE SMARTHOME & SMARTBUILDING INTEGRATION
SE ECO EXPERT