This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Push Notifications on newer Firmware
Hi,

I own a LM5 Lite and was wondering how to send push notifications to smart phones. There is an example listed on the official website but I'am afraid it is outdated and thus does not work anymore. What is the current best approach for sending notifications? Preferably whitout the client having to download/register additional apps. 

Thanks in advance!
You need to install the new LogicMachine app on your mobile Device. Then log in to your LM with the App.

After that go to the start Page with your Computer and open/install the Push notifications APP. There is your UDID wich you can copy to your script.
Alternatively you can use Telegram: https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=2666
(16.07.2021, 05:43)Sral1987 Wrote: You need to install the new LogicMachine app on your mobile Device. Then log in to your LM with the App.

After that go to the start Page with your Computer and open/install the Push notifications APP. There is your UDID wich you can copy to your script.

Thanks! After some tries, retries and some more tries I have it working now. The solution for me was to logout from everything (lm cloud, lm mobile app, lm push notification app), delete the lm mobile app entirely and redo the whole process. This time of course having the push notification app installed already.

The LM is a wonderfull, capable and versatile product. My only grievance with it is the outdated documentation and examples. For a new guy to the scene good up to date docs are a welcome!
The main thing to remember is to have push notification app running on LM before you add your user in mobile app. In the moment when push notification is enabled in mobile app LM is getting mobile ID to be able to send notification. If this wasn't done in this order then simply disable notification in mobile, save and enable again and save.
All explained here:
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...19#pid6419
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5