This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

FTP Limitation
I am using the Clipsal/Schneider NAC platform here in Australia and have come across a problem with the FTP library.

The client I am working with requires the use of SFTP as I do not have a certificate for the NAC. 
This library as I understand is part of a later release.
The problem I face is that Clipsal has not released a firmware update for a very long time and track records for this indicate that it will not improve.
I adore this product but it is being held back substantially by this OEM arrangement.

Is there a method by which I can use the FTP library but skip the certificate error and continue the upload?
The error I'm receiving back is "550 SSL/TLS required on the control channel"

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 
I note the work around for other SFTP was to install an IPK. this is not an option on the Nac/Shac as I understand it?

Thanks in advance,
Brent
There's not much we can do because new firmware releases are Clipsal/Schneider responsibility.
Unfortunately separate package upgrade won't work because LuaSocket depends on newer OpenSSL which is used by many other packages. So it will break a lot of other system components if upgraded.

You can try replacing the FTP module with a new version via a script (run once, make sure that your device has valid gateway and DNS set):
Code:
os.execute('wget -O /usr/lib/lua/socket/ftp.lua http://dl.openrb.com/misc/ftp.lua')
(23.07.2021, 06:14)admin Wrote: There's not much we can do because new firmware releases are Clipsal/Schneider responsibility.
Unfortunately separate package upgrade won't work because LuaSocket depends on newer OpenSSL which is used by many other packages. So it will break a lot of other system components if upgraded.

You can try replacing the FTP module with a new version via a script (run once, make sure that your device has valid gateway and DNS set):
Code:
os.execute('wget -O /usr/lib/lua/socket/ftp.lua http://dl.openrb.com/misc/ftp.lua')

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will give this method a try when i'm next on site.

Certainly understand the limitations you have with firmware rollouts. 

Brent
As far I know Clipsal is planing new fw release in September.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(26.07.2021, 07:45)Daniel. Wrote: As far I know Clipsal is planing new fw release in September.
I certainly hope this is the case. Such a great product its a shame to see such a big delay on updates.

Brent