This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Problem with Modbus RTU device in Wiser for knx
Good day,

we have three ABB (B21) and a Clivet Sphera evo heat pump and elfo fresh devices all integrated with modbus RTU.

We keep getting a timeout error from one of the three B21 and some rare errors from the others so we phisically unplugged it, as expected the wiser  says that there is a timeout error with the device that is not plugged but everything else seems to work fine until we remove the profile of the missing B21, suddenly another one went red and we had to recreate the profile previously deleted and delete and recreate the profile of the other one that started to make errors.

Any ideas? Everything seems wired well, we tried also by inserting terminator resistors and RC termination but nothing helped.

Could it be a problem with the ABB devices?

Thank you for your help!
Please read this and see if this helps you.
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...9#pid20149
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Thank you Daniel. but it wasn't helpful, we tried everything and nothing seems to work, plus it seems like a bug because it's strange that if we delete one profile, suddenly another one goes red.

Now I tried to remove all the objects from the profile of the unplugged B21 and the system seems to be stable, but if I try to remove the profile another one goes red.
Do you use latest FW?
Ctrl+F5
Yes, upgraded to 2.6.1 just five minutes ago, previously was 2.6.0
Send me your backup to PM
Ctrl+F5
I'm sorry but I can't due to privacy problems, is there any way to send you something that can help beside backups?
At least provide a screenshot from the Modbus error log. The device is marked as offline (red) when there are 3 or more errors in a row.
right now I can't reproduce the error, I noticed that everything is off (even Elfo Fresh and the heat pump), could it be a problem due to electrical interferences? Maybe when the system is running and absorb more current it generates noise on the bus, but it's really really strange that if we phisically disconnect one of the B21 it works well, I'll provide some screenshots when the problem shows up.