This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Local / External Link
Hi,

We're planning a building project were we have several LMs (one on each floor and a central one).
Each one has its own visualitzation, ... From the central one we need to access to each floor and from here go back the central one (using some kind of button, ...).

Using "external link" buttons it works fine on local network, but when accesing from internet (using port forwarding) it doesn't work because they're using LAN ips.
Is there any way to do something like in "Camera" where we can define Local & Remote URL?

If not, which would be the better way to manage it?

Thanks!
Why don't you use Zerotier for remote access?
Port forward is not secure way.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(23.08.2021, 08:54)Daniel. Wrote: Why don't you use Zerotier for remote access?

Ok i'll take a look.
Thanks!
(23.08.2021, 09:37)jmir Wrote:
(23.08.2021, 08:54)Daniel. Wrote: Why don't you use Zerotier for remote access?

Ok i'll take a look.
Thanks!

Hi again!

I've made some tests using ZeroTier and I think that the problem is the same...
Because the ip on the external link button in the central logic machine is a LAN ip (like 192.168.1.33) which is not the same subnet that uses ZeroTier.

If I change the ips on the links to ZeroTier range, then when we're working on local LAN (without ZeroTier enabled) it doesn't work...

Is this like this? Or I'm missing something...

Thanks
Yes it is like that. I see 3 options here:
1. Copy visu from local LM to Central and change the links.
2. Duplicate visu on Central and make one visu for local and one for external access with correct links.
3. VPN to your site.
Ctrl+F5
(23.08.2021, 10:51)Daniel. Wrote: Yes it is like that. I see 3 options here:
1. Copy visu from local LM to Central and change the links. 
2. Duplicate visu on Central and make one visu for local and one for external access with correct links.
3. VPN to your site.

Ok.

I think that number 3 should be the best..

But if it's not possible, the next one should be 2. In this case, is there any way (javascript, ...) to know if we're comming from local or from external to redirect to the correct plan?
Maybe Admin knows how to do it but an alternative is simply by creating local and external user and sorting all via permissions.
Ctrl+F5
You use the Globals.localrequest JavaScript variable to check whether the request is from a local network or not.
(24.08.2021, 05:32)admin Wrote: You use the Globals.localrequest JavaScript variable to check whether the request is from a local network or not.

Ok,I'll try!
Thanks!