This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

"Cloud" backdoor - VPN running even when not enabled
Hi,

I'm new to the forum but have a feeling I will be here often Smile

I've noticed that my Wiser (2.6.1) has an openvpn process that connects to Schneider's servers, despite the fact that I didn't even install the Cloud connector app.

From a security standpoint I consider this a risk and think it should be disabled and the VPN tunnel should not be operating unless a user turned on the Cloud connector.

Will be grateful for some assistance with:

1. How do I disable it?
  2. I would like to file some kind of a bug report to Wiser so they fix it - by this I mean have it disabled by default unless specifically enabled by the user.   Is there an official place to file bugs for these kinds of matters for Wiser? I see this forum serves mainly LM and sometimes Wiser although I'm not sure of the connection between them?

Good day to all!
Morkov
Thank you!
Morkov
Go to utilities and select the arrow next to system and then disable remote connectivity.

------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(27.08.2021, 08:06)Daniel. Wrote: Go to utilities and select the arrow next to system and then disable remote connectivity.

Thanks!

So what's the difference between this 'remote connectivity' setting and the 'cloud connector' - don't both of them connect Wiser to the cloud?
No idea, all the cloud stuff was done be SE. Nothing to do with us.
Ctrl+F5
(27.08.2021, 08:12)Daniel. Wrote: No idea, all the cloud stuff was done be SE. Nothing to do with us.

Quote:
Is there an official place to file bugs for these kinds of matters for Wiser? I see this forum serves mainly LM and sometimes Wiser although I'm not sure of the connection between them?
Any comment on about this?
Thank you!
Morkov
Well we created both products only all cloud related stuff is done by SE for Wser so we do support all customers. As far I know SE has its own forum but you have to be invited Smile Ask SE support.
Ctrl+F5
Hi,

Our community/forum for KNX related topics is here: https://community.exchange.se.com/t5/KNX-Forum/bd-p/knx

Regarding your wish to file a bug report, you are free to do so, however the mentioned option you are pointing out is not seen as a security risk.

Every FW version we publish is deeply checked by our cyber security team and only after approval by this team the FW is released to our customers / market.

The cloud connnector is developed for Alexa and Google speech functionality (and upcomming future stuff), The remote connectivity is used for the Wiser for KNX remote app. 

BR,

Erwin
(27.08.2021, 11:36)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

Our community/forum for KNX related topics is here: https://community.exchange.se.com/t5/KNX-Forum/bd-p/knx

Regarding your wish to file a bug report, you are free to do so, however the mentioned option you are pointing out is not seen as a security risk.

Every FW version we publish is deeply checked by our cyber security team and only after approval by this team the FW is released to our customers / market.

The cloud connnector is developed for Alexa and Google speech functionality (and upcomming future stuff), The remote connectivity is used for the Wiser for KNX remote app. 

BR,

Erwin

Thank you for this clarification.
Thank you!
Morkov