This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus TCP datapoints limitation
Hello,

what are the limits of Modbus TCP in lm5lp2?

For example, I have one building with at least 1000 modbus tcp coils, is one lm5 capable of handle that?

Thank you for your help, I'm sorry but I can't find any answer  Confused
Depends on how often you want to read this data. If coils are in a continuous range it is possible to read all at once instead of one by one.
They're pretty much 90% lights (there is a working PLC installed that actuate the lights) controlled with presence/light detectors, basically lm5 will be used as a SCADA (supervision, schedulers, ecc...) and as a gateway from KNX to the PLC.

I think we don't need extreme speed in reading, but we do certainly need speed when we write data to the PLC, can it be a problem?
If PLC can handle multiple connections then it should be fine.
2 at best, I suppose that you're suggesting to handle reading and writing as two separate modbus requests, right?