This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Backup and restore issue
A couple of days ago we had a power cut and after the power came back on I noticed that in one of my LM4 (I have two in my home) there was no data anymore in the trends.
As as take daily backups, I took the backup of the previous day and did a restore.
After the restore there were still no trend data and I noticed that some GA and a script that I added some time ago were also missing.
I looked in the backup at the current.db and I could see that these GA and the script were actually there.

At first I thought I made a mistake, so I did the following:
  • added the GA and the script to the current situation
  • manually took a backup
  • took a backup of all scripts
  • restored the previous day backup
Note: I had unzipped the backup file in order to be able to look at the current.db. I then gzipped again (on Fedora with gzip). When I tried to restore that file I got an error message saying that the backup was invalid. I had another copy of that file still compressed so I used that one.

After the restore, the situation was the same as previously: no GA nor script, no trend data.
I then restored the backup that I took manually: same result: the GA and the script were  gone and the trend info that was acquired the previous day was also gone!
I did a restore of the scripts backup to get the script back which worked.
New trend data is acquired.

Any idea what is going on here?
Hi,

It sounds like your SD card is flipped to read only.

You can test this by creating a new object, sync and reboot. If the object is not there anymore after the reboot there is nothing else you can do then replacing the SD card.

BR,

Erwin
(15.09.2018, 09:07)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

It sounds like your SD card is flipped to read only.

You can test this by creating a new object, sync and reboot. If the object is not there anymore after the reboot there is nothing else you can do then replacing the SD card.

BR,

Erwin

Hi Erwin,

I found this to replace the SD card: http://openrb.com/reflash-logicmachine3-...-software/

I take it that this also applies to LM4?

If I understand correctly, I can take out the existing SD card, make a backup of it and the restore that image on the new SD card?
When the LM4 is up and running I can then restore the latest complete backup I have (the one from before the power cut)?

Sorry for these questions but I have not done this before and I don't want to screw up my system...

BR
Hi,

Yes i think that should work, sometimes the content on the SD is corrupt but your card is flipped to read-only so i think the content is not damaged. 

You should be able to flash it over with USBIT, but i think it will hold the data from the last time it could save to the SD so afterwards you need to reload your latest backup.

BR,

Erwin
Hi Erwin,

Can I read an SD to extract the configuration ? I haven't the backup so I can't restore by it.

BR,
Alberto
KNX Advanced Partner + Tutor
In Usb image tool you can make a backup of that card and you can restore it on new. As long the card is not corrupted only in read only mode it will work.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi, I know this Thread is old and maybe its closed, but I have the same issue with a Homelynk LS100100 and I tried to reflash and it didnt work, I can't access the graphical view, even hard reset it by the back button, no one knows the ip address, and when i turn on it, stays On like 15 minutes and after that it shuts down...

I really don't know what to do about it.... hope somebody can help me..
Start by replacing the micro SD card and using recovery firmware. Then you can upload normal firmware and the device will have the default IP address: 192.168.0.10