This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

App store? apps?
Do LogicMachine have an app store and if so what apps are available? I don't see any apps in the demo except the Z-wave app. For starter I am looking for an app to control AV equipment e.g Denon receiver (over tcp and rs-232).

Joachim
We've only recently released app documentation to all developers, so number of apps is limited for now. But there already are some very nice apps like Z-Wave and Mosaic 2.0 visualization. Stay tuned for more Wink
I am using a spacelynk and in the AppStore there are several apps missing... z-wave and iOS app is some of the apps missing. Could someone please add the z-wave app?
BR,
Mr.D
Hi,

The apps are not realy missing, we just have not published them.

We might get one if those apps in the future after validating and testing, however we don’t always get the same apps.

Next apps that are comming are the BACnet client and Presence simulation. Alexa app is under GDPR review and that can take a while.

I don’t think we will get the Z-Wave app as we will focus on Zigbee (Wiser).

BR,

Erwin
Hi,

While waiting for the GDPR I can tell you that The LM French Alexa app, works perfectly on W4K with of course some tricks to download it.

I was obliged to do it to satisfy some of my customers.

Why in France everything is always longer Angry Angry 

BR
Jean-Marc
Hi,

The reason for that is our upcomming new wireless solution for residential - Wiser

This BLE/Zigbee based system for light, blind, heat, energy and door can also be controlled by Alexa and Homekit. The GDPR team has priorotized Wiser so the W4K app is in the queue at this moment.

Good things are comming (:

BR,

Erwin
Is there anyway to get the z-wave app installed manually at own risk?
I just bought a keyless solution for my front door that has the possibility to use z-wave to remote lock/unlock... But to do so I need it to talk to my SpaceLynk...
BR,
Mr.D
(30.10.2018, 11:25)Mr.D Wrote: Is there anyway to get the z-wave app installed manually at own risk?
I just bought a keyless solution for my front door that has the possibility to use z-wave to remote lock/unlock... But to do so I need it to talk to my SpaceLynk...

Sorry we can't share it, SE do not want to support this protocol.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Hi Daniel,

Just so I understand this:
As far as I know, it is possible to install apps manually in the spacelynk, however since SE do not want me to have this app, you can't share it with me...? is that correct?
BR,
Mr.D
(30.10.2018, 16:42)Mr.D Wrote: Hi Daniel,

Just so I understand this:
As far as I know, it is possible to install apps manually in the spacelynk, however since SE do not want me to have this app, you can't share it with me...? is that correct?

yes
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Oki thanks...

Thats not very customer friendly I would say... just because SE do not see the use of this protocol, and have stronger beliefs
in other protocols doesn't mean that excluding a protocol that is really common makes any sense... especially when the solution is already developed and ready to be implemented!

The main reason I went for the solution with the door, is because I was under the impression that I had support for z-wave... must say I am quite disappointed... Sad

Thanks for your reply Daniel Smile
BR,
Mr.D
Hi,

Well we always take the customer as central point in our decisions and we try to be as much as posible customer friendly but most of the time there are more things to weight.

There are several reasons to make this choiche.. Here are (just) a few if them

1) Schneider Electric does not produce Z-Wave products.
2) Z-Wave is not the best protocol to use in terms of quality, reliability and security (not self healing and not encrypted)
3) The Z-Wave app would require support from Schneider without knowledge of the used end devices that are not produced by us.
4) We currently focus on Zigbee / IPv6 IEEE 802.15.4 based communication as we think that will be the standard and this wireless technology has self healing mesh networking and is encrypted / secured.
5) Our new wireless residential solution Wiser is 100% Zigbee (and BLE) based. It makes much more sense to add a app that supports those products. Thus is also a reason that homeLYnk is renamed to Wiser for KNX.
6) We only use apps when they are tested and validated by our testing lab. It would require a investment to do all this work. Given the known issues and the fact that the Z-Wave app is being changed to new version makes it not a good candidate to adopt.

Hopes this clarifies it a bit..

BR,

Erwin
(30.10.2018, 22:51)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

Well we always take the customer as central point in our decisions and we try to be as much as posible customer friendly but most of the time there are more things to weight.

There are several reasons to make this choiche.. Here are (just) a few if them

1) Schneider Electric does not produce Z-Wave products.
2) Z-Wave is not the best protocol to use in terms of quality, reliability and security (not self healing and not encrypted)
3) The Z-Wave app would require support from Schneider without knowledge of the used end devices that are not produced by us.
4) We currently focus on Zigbee / IPv6 IEEE 802.15.4 based communication as we think that will be the standard and this wireless technology has self healing mesh networking and is encrypted / secured.
5) Our new wireless residential solution Wiser is 100% Zigbee (and BLE) based. It makes much more sense to add a app that supports those products. Thus is also a reason that homeLYnk is renamed to Wiser for KNX.
6) We only use apps when they are tested and validated by our testing lab. It would require a investment to do all this work. Given the known issues and the fact that the Z-Wave app is being changed to new version makes it not a good candidate to adopt.

Hopes this clarifies it a bit..

BR,

Erwin

Hi Erwin,
Another simple reason is that Schneider Electric is not member of Z-wave alliance. Thus it can only focus on ZigBee protocole as a member of ZigBee alliance.

B.R,
Chouaibou.