This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus Slave slow updaterate
Hello.

I have a problem with the implementation of a Modbus Slave, like it is described here: https://openrb.com/lm-as-modbus-tcp-slave
At the moment I have around 30 modbus registers and around 1250 virtual objcts active.
All works fine when there are not many writes to the objects but as soon as I update many objects cyclic (10s) it takes up to a few minutes that the values in the modbus registers are updated.
So I always read old values via modbus. When the cyclic updates of the virtual objects are stopped, the values readable via modbus chatching up slowly and after a while the are up to date.
It seems that there is some kind of queue which it getting longer and longer to be processed. The CPU load seems fine.
Is there a way to speed things up? It would be also fine when the register values are updated cyclic.

Thanks,
Christian
Try replacing knxclient:step() with knxclient:loop(0.1)
Works perfect, thank you. Smile 
Getting the documentation to this internal functions would make things much easier. Angel