This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Bacnet Client app auto mapping
Hi, I have Mitsubishi Electric ME-200 device. it control all AC devices in my project. it connectedd to LM via Bacnet app

I have abot 50 AC units and need to map about 10 variables for each.

every map takes about 5 to 30 seconds after pressing "save"

is there a way to make mapping automatic? or make "save" procedure faster?
I would never use 500 objects with the client, way to much…

The client is intended for limited amount of objects like a heatpump or some other device you need to add.

With your setup you should use a BMS as client and link it with BACnet server of the controller..
(21.11.2021, 21:24)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: I would never use 500 objects with the client, way to much…

I think sometime i could reduce amount of variables. at least I need 4 or 5 per AC unit (on/off, mode, fan, 1 or 2 setpoints).

but you dont answer. is there a way to make it faster?
You can use a script instead. But all communication (reading and writing) should be in a single resident script. Otherwise the communication can fail randomly if LM tries to read and write at the same time. If you need to read many objects at once you can use bacnet.scandevice():
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...7#pid22457

Since instant reaction is not needed for AC units you can do it like this:
- Read current values from the AC unit, update status objects if needed
- Compare status values with current control values in LM objects, write back to BACnet if values are different
Keep in mind that setpoint values might have a slight difference due to how floating point numbers and handled so direct comparison might not work, use this:
Code:
if math.abs(control - status) > 0.1 then
  write()
end
Hello,
I have a problem on customer Building.
I have setup communication with Air flow system Swegon with BAcnet Ip.

1/ My BIG PROBLEM is that when I try to map knx object to Bacnet Object, it's very long time to linked them (60sec).  Then if I try to link a second one it doesn't work anymore. I saw that the SL reboot. So I try again and see that the Memory usage go very high, so it(s very painful to link other objetc, I need to wait, re-scan... and doesn't work everytime.
2/ Is there a place where I can download the app for offline site ? The customer didn't give Internet access to Spacelynk in this building
3/ In the Bacnet app view, is there a way to display the current value (add column).
I used to deal with:
https://openrb.com/logicmachine-as-bacnet-client/
I installed the ipk, but looks like I can't anymore and can't use require bacnet library
-----------
FRANCE SMARTHOME & SMARTBUILDING INTEGRATION
SE ECO EXPERT