This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

BACnet server - object names
Hi!

I'm in the process of setting up a BACnet server with LM. The problem is the client device can't accept the names generated by LM.

The object name is generated like this
Code:
2 (AV) 2048 Temperatura_sobe_A138 (1.0.0) 23.1

My client need a address defined [127001]Temperatura_sobe_A138, but the generated name has space in the middle, and throws an error.

Any way to set the format by myself? Or disable the address part?

I'm using LM ver. 20150917, bacnet 0.6.0-12
In RC1 firmware BACnet object names does not have address appended by the default. Keep in mind, there are some bugs in RC1, specifically an issue with trends upgrade. RC2 will be out soon with fixes included.
(17.08.2016, 06:24)admin Wrote: In RC1 firmware BACnet object names does not have address appended by the default. Keep in mind, there are some bugs in RC1, specifically an issue with trends upgrade. RC2 will be out soon with fixes included.

That's not a problem here. I'm using it only as BACnet/KNX gateway. I'll install the RC1 tomorrow and see if this works. 

In RC1, can we edit the object names, or they are generated by the system?
BACnet uses object name which you can edit by clicking any object in Objects tab. The only limitation is that object name must be unique.
Just to report back - the new RC1 works as expected om LM4!