This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Bricked HomeLynk?
I have a HomeLynk, early version before the "wiser" range.
On the side of the unit, it says "version 1.2", doesn't state anything about HW/SW version as pictures in the SE firmware manual.

I noticed the HL dissapered from the network a couple of weeks ago and the KNX communication wnt down aswell, I tried to reeboot it a couple of time but still no sucess.
So I followed this manual;
Reflash LogicMachine and Streaming Player software | Logic Machine platform for KNX/EIB, EnOcean, Modbus, DALI, BacNet (openrb.com)

And reflashed the old SD-card with HL HW1 restore IMG. Still no sucess.

I tested another SD card, formatted it as in the manual and reflashed it. Still no connection

Only difference I can notice, is that with the old SD-card, I can perform HW-reset via the button, but with the new SD-card, nothing happens when pushing down the button 10 seconds, it's stuck in the blink loop not responding the button press-down.
The new card is a Samsung 32Gb

With old SD card, LED 2 is on, with new SD, only LED 1 blinks, LED 2 is off.

See theese short vid on youtube;
Old SD-card new flashed IMG; 1 december 2021 - YouTube
New SD-card new flashed IMG; 1 december 2021 - YouTube

Find it funny that they behave different, even though both are flashed with same IMG.

I have tried connect the HL to network switch, but also directly to the laptop.
I've tried browsing to 192.168.0.10 but also ping the IP. No response at all, all packets lost.

As the attached picture, I assume this is HW 1? So the correct IMG have been loaded?

Edit; Does HL V3.1 have SPI or SD-card for SW storage?

You probably selected wrong recovery image. Make sure it is for imx28.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
I have loaded "W4K_HW1_xx_recovery.img.gz" is this for imx28?
If not, where can I find proper recovery image?
This sound correct. After loading it clear browser cache and try default IP. If this will not work then it is hardware issue. SD should be smaller then 32GB.
You can try this image http://dl.openrb.com/recovery.img.gz
PS. you should not format the card.
Ctrl+F5
Alright, I have tried the new IMG you provided, I still get same result as Video #2 in OP.
The HL is not shown in the network, hence not possible to access it, I have tried to ping it aswell, on the default IP and there is no communication.
This time Ijust did a reset with USBIT, and reloaded IMG.

Default IP should be 192.168.0.10 right?

Then I guess we can come to the conclusion that the hardware have gone bad, and the entire unit needs to be replaced?
Correct
Ctrl+F5
Alright, is the new HW 3.1 from SE using SPI or SD-card?
It is using both, SPI and SLC SD card. We are phasing out SPI as the SD cards we are using are same quality. They did improved a lot over the years.
Ctrl+F5
Thanks..

Difference between the LM5Lp2 LogicMachine5 Lite Power and the Wiser for KNX, HW wise?
I Noticed LM5 is POE powered, but I couldnt find any info that the SE is POE powered. otherwise, they seemed quite similar?
Yes our has PoE(passive), SE don't, it is ours old design. We also have one more RS485. From SW side you will find some differences. We have our own cloud and everything related to this is not the same as SE. For me the big difference is ZeroTier which you can use for secure remote maintenance, also KNX download. SE has no solution to this.
Ctrl+F5