This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

blocking pushbutton functions for a party
Hi,

last party we had one of our guest accidentally pressed the "away" button, putting the whole home into a deep sleep (no music, no power etc). Does someone know of an easy way of blocking the execution of such things? I have an object I use to set the apartment into a "party" mode. I guess I would like to add a tag to those objects I want to disable for a while and re-enable after the party is over.

Thanks!
Hi Elkin,
I suppose you have event-based script for "away" functionality. Simply add If Else defining if there is Party mode, the Away functionality is not working.
(18.08.2016, 08:20)edgars Wrote: Hi Elkin,
I suppose you have event-based script for "away" functionality. Simply add If Else defining if there is Party mode, the Away functionality is not working.

for now I have decided to have a Party-Object (true-false) and a short code sniplet to add to those places I want to block execution.

Code:
party = grp.getvalue('Party') -- are we in party mode?
then in the necessary user functions, for example those I use to turn DMX lights on/off I add this snipplet at the beginning of the function:
Code:
 if (party == true) then
   return
 end

Still looking for a cleaner solution...