This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Wiser Homelynk modbus profile
Good morning everyone;
i'm a newbie on programming and home automation and i'm facing some issues with my homelynk.
In my system i have a Nibe heat pump, already connected and working with modbus (partially with the help of some topics here)
and a ventilation unit made by an Italian builder, and with this one I can't get anything working from modbus.

Homelynk is the master of my modbus network and is properly wired to the modbus Nibe module, then from this the Ventilation unit is wired with 3 m of cable. Total length of the wiring is around 20m, no terminations resistor in place.

I have attached here the modbus manual of this unit (unfortunately only in italian).
Any suggestion on how to get this working?
I'd really appreciate some help! thank you all in advance for any reply!
BR

Luca

Attached Files
.pdf   Seriale RS485 - RER EVO - rev08 - HIDEW - IT.pdf (Size: 508.77 KB / Downloads: 20)
Hi Luca,
Do you have enabled the 485 communication on the Nibe unit?
BR Cristian
Hi Cristian,
the Nibe unit is currently working with modbus, it's the vmc unit that i can't make work (HiDew).
On the vmc panel i have enabled the communication and everything seems fine.
I've tried to use the testing function on Homelynk but i can't read anything.
I don't know if i have to try something different for testing the modbus comm.

BR Luca
What kind of error do you get when doing read test? Check that the RS485 settings on this unit match all other devices apart from the slave ID which should be unique.
Modbus settings are the same, address of the vmc is 3.
If i use the RTU scanning function i'm not able to see the machine, and if i try the test function i get a time out with any kind of setting.