This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

PID thermostat with LogicMachine
Hi,
as you know on example section there is script to realise 30 PID Thermostats. As you can see PID is 1 byte but I should manage the histeresy in 1 bit. 2 point valve on/off.

Have you idea to modify the PID script?

Thank you very much.

Claudio
Hi Claudio,

You can put a event based script on the 1 byte output and write a bit output to another object

Code:
output = event.getvalue()
if output > 0 then
   -- Get value of object to avoid write true on each 1-100 value
   bitvalue = grp.getvalue('yourbitobject')
   if bitvalue == false then
      grp.write('yourbitobject', true)
   end
else
   -- Get value of object to avoid write false on each 0 value
   bitvalue = grp.getvalue('yourbitobject')
   if bitvalue == true then
      grp.write('yourbitobject', false)
   end
end

BR,

Erwin van der Zwart
Maybe the solution is the PWM controller? For example when your value is 50% and time T is e.g. 1hour your valve will be switched on for 30minutes and switched off for 30minutes. It will be better for the relay because you will have less switching.
Or you can just modify setoutput function to send boolean true when value >= 10, false otherwise:

Code:
function PID:setoutput()
  local t, value

self.output = math.max(self.output, self.params.min)
  self.output = math.min(self.output, self.params.max)

value = math.floor(self.output) >= 10
  t = type(self.params.output)

if t == 'string' then
    grp.write(self.params.output, value, dt.bool)
  elseif t == 'table' then
    for _, output in ipairs(self.params.output) do
      grp.write(output, value, dt.bool)
    end
  end
end
Thank you very much for your effort.
How can I use this script for individually controlling a few zones? Could somebody prepare some little example?
You can either create a new script for each zone, or several instances per script.
Code:
if not p1 then
  p1 = PID:init({ ... })
end

if not p2 then
  p2 = PID:init({ ... })
end

p1:run()
p2:run()
How can I stop this thermostat?
http://openrb.com/example-pid-thermostat-with-lm2/
You can set manual parameter to a group address. Setting this group to true will disable the PID algorithm.
I have an on/off output, and this works ok. But is it possible to get the output to work like, with 10% gain, it will have 1 min on, and 9 min off. with 60% gain, 6 min on, and 4 min off?
i hope you understand what im meaning..

Today its like attached picture. 
But the water haeating system will then have a warm floor when on, and cold when off. is it possible to have the thermostat work in cycles?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Use this script (resident, sleep time = 5 seconds) to convert 0..100% value to slow PWM (proportional on/off). Change input/output objects and period time as needed.

Code:
input = '1/1/1' -- proportional value input (0..100%) object
output = '1/1/2' -- on/off output object
period = 10 * 60 -- 10 minutes in seconds

date = os.date('*t')
seconds = date.hour * 3600 + date.min * 60 + date.sec

curr = seconds % period
perc = math.floor(curr / period * 100)

state = grp.getvalue(input) > perc
grp.checkwrite(output, state)
Hi again!

then i changed my residential script back to basic, as shown here: http://openrb.com/example-pid-thermostat-with-lm2/
add another residential script, as described above.

I cannot get any output for 1 byte scaled object. it shows 0% even if the setpoint is 5 degrees higher than current value.
if i change the scaled object to 50%, the output will change from '0' to '1'. so the last script should be ok.
please take a look at the attached pictures, and tell me where i went wrong...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You need to change the PID user library back to the original version and do full resident script restart via disable/enable, otherwise new library code won't load.
Yeay. did a backup, rebooted. When started up, 16 of my OV - PID adresses was gone. run the backup, still missing. what happened? is this a fault in LM? all the values was 0%. do they need to be changed for remembering?

Actually, several group addresses, who i have changed name on, is missing???
Looks like microSD card in your LM became read-only. You need to replace it with a new one an run recovery procedure. See more info here: http://openrb.com/reflash-logicmachine3-...-software/
(09.10.2018, 11:23)admin Wrote: Looks like microSD card in your LM became read-only. You need to replace it with a new one an run recovery procedure. See more info here: http://openrb.com/reflash-logicmachine3-...-software/

What is recommended size?
(09.10.2018, 12:30)Bobby Wrote:
(09.10.2018, 11:23)admin Wrote: Looks like microSD card in your LM became read-only. You need to replace it with a new one an run recovery procedure. See more info here: http://openrb.com/reflash-logicmachine3-...-software/

What is recommended size?

It is up to you, we use from 4GB and up.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Changed the SD card, everything is ok again. thanx!