This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Fan motor ramp up
I am trying to control fancoils with 0-10V EC motors. There is no actual load on the actuator but they make noise if i apply from one to another moment 100% (10V) to the controller. Basically i have the fan speed where i need to go to, but i need a ramp up/down script (of FB editor building block)

so if i change from 0>10V i must ramp up from 0>10V in 10 seconds for example. Anyone an idea how to do this in a convenient way? 

(i searched the forum but it seems no one ever dealt with this issue)
maybe this is wha tyou are looking for?

This example will dim 3 lights from 0% to 100% in 10% steps with 0.2 seconds delay between each step. You can adjust the step/delay as needed and also add new group addresses to the list.
(14.02.2022, 18:31)Dré Wrote: maybe this is wha tyou are looking for?

This example will dim 3 lights from 0% to 100% in 10% steps with 0.2 seconds delay between each step. You can adjust the step/delay as needed and also add new group addresses to the list.

Thanks, that is already something.

But i tried and it just goes from 0-100 in a loop. (sorry noob in scripting)

Basically i calculate the set point of the fan speed based on room temp, offset to target and a minimal fanspeed. The target is adjusted when the room goes from Standby to Comfort in KNX but it can happen during a mode change the fan goes from 0-100% at once. I send this on address 2/1/9 but if i send out the setpoint at once (lets say 100%) the fans don't like the torque the electric EC motor makes. As the analogue output sends 10V at once towards the FCU

To avoid the big starting torque i need to ramp up and down the fan to make sure the motors last longer where the setting 
step = 1
delay = 0.1
works perfectly but i just don't want a loop   Wink 

When turning off it is the other way around. If a fan would be at 100% and go of (but this is a much rarer case) you could get a spike in the control voltage as the motor becomes a generator at once.
Event script that gets the target level and adjusts the output object in small steps. Adjust as needed:
Code:
output = '1/1/4'
step = 5
delay = 0.5

target = event.getvalue()
current = grp.getvalue(output)

if target == current then
  return
end

while true do
  if current < target then
    current = math.min(current + step, target)
  else
    current = math.max(current - step, target)
  end

grp.write(output, current)

-- stop when target is reached
  if current == target then
    return
  end

os.sleep(delay)

-- stop when targed changed, another script is running
  if grp.getvalue(event.dst) ~= target then
    return
  end
end
(16.02.2022, 07:12)admin Wrote: Event script that gets the target level and adjusts the output object in small steps. Adjust as needed:
Code:
output = '1/1/4'
step = 5
delay = 0.5

target = event.getvalue()
current = grp.getvalue(output)

if target == current then
  return
end

while true do
  if current < target then
    current = math.min(current + step, target)
  else
    current = math.max(current - step, target)
  end

grp.write(output, current)

-- stop when target is reached
  if current == target then
    return
  end

os.sleep(delay)

-- stop when targed changed, another script is running
  if grp.getvalue(event.dst) ~= target then
    return
  end
end

Thanks! Works perfectly! Would recommend to note this somewhere as a standard script for EC fancontrol (0-10V controlled fans)
A proper solution would be to use an analog output that has a transition time setting. Reactor LMs with analog outputs have this out of the box.
(16.02.2022, 08:45)admin Wrote: A proper solution would be to use an analog output that has a transition time setting. Reactor LMs with analog outputs have this out of the box.

I agree but in this case this functioniert is Not available on the AO module.
I also use this Funktion to send a Control percentage by modbus to LG AHU supply air controllers.