This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Use the SL as EIBnet
Hello 
I want to use the SL as EIBnet, and i have ip router as backbone and line couplers for the sub lines.
What should i set the mode of the SL.
Also if I set the mode to IP Tunneling i should enter a Tunneling router ip, what is this ip?
Best Regards,
What do you mean by EIBnet? LM talks by default KNX routing(multicast) in this case you can use TP-UART when KNX TP is connected or IP Routing when only on IP. Tunneling can be used if you want LM to connect via Tunneling to another IP router. Only one can be connected.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(16.02.2022, 10:13)Daniel Wrote: What do you mean by EIBnet? LM talks by default KNX routing(multicast) in this case you can use TP-UART when KNX TP is connected or IP Routing when only on IP. Tunneling can be used if you want LM to connect via Tunneling to another IP router. Only one can be connected.

I found this statement in the SL user manual I think its like knx/IP.
So in my case where I have ip routers, i should set the LM as IP router? 
But to make sure I understand the point, if I use use IP Tunneling mode I cant use KNX TP, but IF the mode is IP Routing I still can use KNX TP ?
Best Regards,
You can use KNX TP only when TP uart mode is selected
Ctrl+F5
(16.02.2022, 10:54)Daniel Wrote: You can use KNX TP only when TP uart mode is selected

And only in this case I can use ETS?
Best Regards,
ETS you can use in TP-uart and IP Routing but it routing you will only see telegrams on IP.
Ctrl+F5
Thanks Daniel
So inorder to download from ETS I should use TP-UART. then I could switch the mode to IP routing.
BR,
Best Regards,
Tp uatr mode use both, routing and tp. No need to change.
Ctrl+F5
Thanks and appreciate your help.
If you could reference a document for more details I will be thankful.
BR,

I use the SL as TP-UART.
but when I try to connect ETS to SL locally I cant connect unless enabling NAT, and when I try to download devises application I got this message: 

The bus connection KnxIpTunneling : ***Project_Name*** - no nat - 192.168.10.10:3671 of the line 1.1 Line-1 could not be established.
The interface is not reachable.

While I can bing to line 1.1 IP Router from SL.
any idea?
Edit: Its IT issue 

BR,
Best Regards,