This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

MQTT Port ( 1883 ) is always closed
I think I might experience the same issue here.

I was using 2 LM5's with an external MQTT broker, using the client scripts that circulate in this forum. This works just fine.

Now, I wanted to use one of the devices as a broker. So I've installed the broker app and the config page appears do do what it's supposed to, but the broker is actually never started. The "mosquitto -d -c /tmp/mosquitto.conf" command is never executed. I tried just about everything, including rebooting, factory resetting, updating to the latest firmware, re-injecting the firmware and so on. I even tried to use the broker on the second LM5, and the results were identical: The broker isn't started, no ports are opened. These devices both run the 20211215 firmware, which is the latest if I'm not mistaking.

The system log on both devices gives me a hint of what's wrong: "LogicMachine user.info sysinit: chown: unknown user mosquitto". 

Now for the kicker: I tried it on a third device, exactly the same firmware and type of device... and that one actually does work. The only meaningful difference I can think of, is that this device never ran the MQTT client scripts. I checked all of the installed package versions between the devices, and there is no difference whatsoever.

I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks in Advance!

Greets,

Cedric

Just to be complete, even though the results are as expected, the output of the suggested commands:

netstat output: * string: 
mosquitto.conf: * string: allow_anonymous true
password_file /tmp/mosquitto.users
sys_interval 0
user mosquitto
listener 1883
listener 8883
certfile /tmp/mosquitto.crt
keyfile /tmp/mosquitto.key
skip_ca true

Messages In This Thread
RE: MQTT Port ( 1883 ) is always closed - by cedricdw - 01.07.2022, 15:03