This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

High load averages
Why is having high loads (e.g.: "Load averages: 1.84 1.19 1.20") problematic? what may happen? its it essential to attempt to reduce the load?
Try LM app Processes to have a better view watch process use more sources
(20.02.2022, 16:19)Dré Wrote: Try LM app Processes to have a better view watch process use more sources

Thank you, but I would be interested to know what happens if I fail to identify the process. Why is problematic having a high load? What will be the potential problems if I fail to fix this issue?
You get worse performance because the CPU is busy with other tasks. This can also shorten the device lifespan if it's always running at 100% load which causes higher internal temperature levels.
Thanks - I understand.
Wiser shows currently a CPU temperature of 80-82 °C. Is this OK or rather high?
This is more or less ok. What is your CPU load in %?
Are you using the Cloud connector and IoT T3 API App on your Wiser? This causes really high load. Try the process app to evaluate the reason.
I contacted Schneider Electric regarding the apps load but never got an answer.
We are aware of higher load (mostly on older HW1) and are currently testing performance improved versions of API T3 and Cloud Connector apps, they will be available after testing period.. 

Next to that we are testing the fully new app for Wiser for KNX that will replace the old one, this app is using API T3 and Cloud Connector hence the tests above.. I have no ETA for the releases..
(21.02.2022, 08:38)admin Wrote: This is more or less ok. What is your CPU load in %?

Dear admin

Currently the load average is "0.37 0.58 0.58", which is OK, and the temperature 78.4°C. But the load average, particularly the first number, experiences frequently fluctuations (up to > 2 sometimes, increasing the other two numbers ton about 1 or more).

Kind regards
Georg

(23.02.2022, 19:11)pioneersteffen Wrote: Are you using the Cloud connector and IoT T3 API App on your Wiser? This causes really high load. Try the process app to evaluate the reason.
I contacted Schneider Electric regarding the apps load but never got an answer.

No, I don't use the Cloud connector nor the IoT T3 API App