This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Airzone Modbus
Hello,

I have an Airzone unit that I want to control with LM through Modbus. Until now I used some AZKNXGTWAY gateways from Airzone that already did this job but I want to try it with LM.

I ask for your help to start the creation of the Modbus profile.

https://doc.airzone.es/producto/Gama_AZ6...A4_MUL.pdf
It's possible but there are many parameters that can be mapped. Which ones do you need?
Have you got communication working from LM? Can you read register number 0 using read test?
(10.03.2022, 10:55)admin Wrote: It's possible but there are many parameters that can be mapped. Which ones do you need?
Have you got communication working from LM? Can you read register number 0 using read test?

Hi Yes. I have a connection with the team and I have achieved this. I hope it's okay like this.

The data that I usually use in the KNX gateway are these:

System Error (1bit)
System Operation Mode (1Byte)
System Operation Mode Status (1Byte)

Zone 1-6 – On/Off Control (1bit)
Zone 1-6 – On/Off Control Status (1bit)
Zone 1-6 – Temperature Setpoint Control (2Bytes)
Zone 1-6 – Temperature Setpoint Control (2Bytes)
Zone 1-6 – relative Moisture Status (2Bytes)
Zone 1-6 – Local Temperature Control (2Bytes)
Zone 1-6 – Heat Stages Control (1Byte)
Zone 1-6 – Heat Stages Status (1Byte)
Zone 1-6 – Cool Stages Control (1Byte)
Zone 1-6 – Cool Stages Status (1Byte)
Hi,
You should import the JSON profile with the variable you need.
Consider that device modbus address is number 1 (if you have only a system card) and the register variables e are calculated as follow:

register of zone = Airzone device x 256 + register address.

Example:

Set point value for the first zone is 259 instead for the second Is 515.

BR.
Try the attached profile. It might not be 100% correct because it cannot be tested without the actual Modbus device. More zones can be added by copying all zone mapping entries and adding 256 to each address.

Attached Files
.json   Airzone-AZ6.json (Size: 4.42 KB / Downloads: 10)
(11.03.2022, 13:57)admin Wrote: Try the attached profile. It might not be 100% correct because it cannot be tested without the actual Modbus device. More zones can be added by copying all zone mapping entries and adding 256 to each address.

Thanks for your help.
I'm trying to figure out how the Bitmask and register address are calculated but I can't see how you do it.
I have loaded the profile and I am carrying out the tests against a control box that has been provided to me. I don't have the machine and I can't see if it obeys. Control objects cannot be independent of states?
I am attaching a screenshot of the log error.

The addresses in the manual are in hexadecimal. You can use calculator in programmer mode to convert hex to decimal. The bitmasks are hexadecimal but can be decimal too, this does not matter. Just set the required bits to 1 and you will get the required value, for example bits 4-6 is 1110000 (right-most bit is bit number 0) which is 0x70 in hex or 112 in decimal.

Status objects they are not really needed because only one group address can be mapped to each Modbus register.
(14.03.2022, 12:10)admin Wrote: The addresses in the manual are in hexadecimal. You can use calculator in programmer mode to convert hex to decimal. The bitmasks are hexadecimal but can be decimal too, this does not matter. Just set the required bits to 1 and you will get the required value, for example bits 4-6 is 1110000 (right-most bit is bit number 0) which is 0x70 in hex or 112 in decimal.

Status objects they are not really needed because only one group address can be mapped to each Modbus register.

Hi Admin, you mention that state objects are not really necessary, but they help me to confirm that the computer is responding. In the knx gateway provided by the manufacturer, this state object is obtained. Any idea how I could get it?
You can assign a status object in the device properties. It will show whether the device is online or not.
Well, I leave this as a final conclusion in case someone finds it useful. It turns out that from the manufacturer they have limited the integration through Modbus. Our purpose was to integrate the Airzone device using our temperature probes in the room controls. This is not possible without installing the thermostats of said manufacturer, which for us is not possible for aesthetic reasons.
We will continue to use your KNX gateway, which from what I am told, has an internal identifier that detects it as a communication-enabled device. In any case, for humid environments, they do not allow you to send the relative humidity. Being necessary again its own thermostat.
For other protocols or manufacturers they have APIs with some clear limitation...
Hi,
could you let me know if the following json string for modbus connection is fine?

{"name":"Power On thermostat","bus_datatype":"bool","datatype":"uint16","type":"register","address":4096,"value_bitmask": 0x4, "write_bitmask": true, "writable": true},

Consider that I have about 20 devices installed on this facility and everthing is fine. Except on this one above (no.16) on which I cannot write the value but I receive correctly the status.

Do you suggest anything from our side?

Thanks.

BR
Share device documentation. Do you have any errors in modbus tab?
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
.pdf   MI_AZ6_MODBUS_A4_MUL.pdf (Size: 2.34 MB / Downloads: 5)

(01.03.2024, 14:17)Daniel Wrote: Share device documentation. Do you have any errors in modbus tab?

There are no error. I communicate fine with about 20 devices. With this (no.16) I cannot write to it but only read.

I do not think is a LM problem but before writing to Airzone I ask your point of view.

Thanks.

BR
This looks good to me. Register 0 bit 2
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5